Rotisserie restorations in Oz

paul

Site Donor
Reaction score
I am wondering how many Aussies out there have done FULL rotisserie restorations as I would like to get your opinions on valuations regarding insurance. I get the feeling that not too many have been done in my discussions with insurers.

Michael Kaye

Site Donor
Reaction score
I am wondering how many Aussies out there have done FULL rotisserie restorations as I would like to get your opinions on valuations regarding insurance. I get the feeling that not too many have been done in my discussions with insurers.

Apologies for hijacking the thread, but what’s a rotisserie restoration?

Aussiecsi

Reaction score

...anyone other than Shannons ? ...I suspect the "rotisserie" will not count for much other than helping to negotiate upper limit "agreed value" for insurance purposes . I think the rotisserie is of more relevance when selling as it is reflects the degree of $$'s spent ...insurers being what they are ( boats, houses etc ) are generally "market value " based. Old real estate adage I think applies ..." cost does not necessarily equal value " . My 2 cents .

paul

Site Donor
Reaction score
I think it's interesting to note that all these restos going on.....in a few years when these cars hit the market these cars will go up a lot.....not that I am selling. It has already happened to my "Pagoda Roof Benz"

Aussiecsi

Reaction score
I think it's interesting to note that all these restos going on.....in a few years when these cars hit the market these cars will go up a lot.....not that I am selling. It has already happened to my "Pagoda Roof Benz"

Yes, as you know, the E9 in particular is pretty thin on the ground in OZ and will remain so given import tax imposts etc. Most of my E9 friends over this side consider their cars "a keeper" so it will take a bit to pry it from their cold ,dead hands !

paul

Site Donor
Reaction score
I think when mine goes it will be when I go.....so my wife gets to sell it....and probably to the USA as its LHD and got the M90/B34 engine which I believe was never delivered to the states. Hopefully a way off yet :cool: