rsporsche - 2800cs

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Its time to create a post on my coupe ... now that it is officially getting put back together. the engine compartment was painted about a year ago and the body is all prepped, ready to paint ... but the painter decided that we ought to get the beautiful new euro b34 engine that our friend @sfdon built put into the car ... rather than risk damaging the paint in the process. so the car went up to @bdigel with all of my boxes of organized new parts ... and he is busy putting it back together.

this was the engine compartment before he started - these were posted previously

1636903908585.png

1636904003535.jpeg

1636904051988.jpeg

1636904084771.jpeg

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
yes Don ... its happening. looking forward to get the painting finished and get the car together with you to make it run like you intended ...

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
There’s been some little improvements since we shipped that to you.
I will send a package.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Gorgeous!! Love those headers!
i had never unboxed them since i first received them ... was really excited to see them in the pics. this was part of the last group buy from Jere Stahl before he retired / sold the company. once everything is buttoned up, we will add the Fritz Bits stainless exhaust.
There’s been some little improvements since we shipped that to you.
I will send a package.
that would be awesome Don - THANKS
Looks amazing. What are your plans to paint wheel wells and nose cavity as well as the suspension bits?
thanks Chris - nose cavity has already been painted. the suspension bits will have to be painted, will talk to Brendan this week when i go up to see him ... i noticed in the pics that all of the new bits along with the engine make those look like they need attention. we are putting a new center track rod on, but the struts and other steering items need to be done. front wheel wells will get lokari liners ... and will probably paint them ... need to deal with redoing the underside / fender wells at some point. will talk to the painter when the car goes back. i kinda would like to paint the wheel wells in ceylon.

wow, nice build !

PS but i would have preferred to see triple webers on a 2800 CS ;)
thought about it when somebody posted a set, but SFDon's megasquirt installation is the way i want to go.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Scott, Wheel wells need to be Ceylon as it was delivered, the final results will be even more stunning I am sure.
that's what i thought ... not sure i put that on the paint location FAQ, will verify + update. always see them with undercoating ... or just full of dirt that looks like undercoating. will get it all cleaned up and have the painter spray them.

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Your car will be (is) gorgeous!....but not completely stock. Because of that, you may want to consider black wheel wells. The Ceylon color may be "shouting" from the wheel wells a little too much. Having them disappear with black might be best for the overall look. Also, keeping the Ceylon wells clean would either be an impossible task or tempt you not to drive the car too much.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Your car will be (is) gorgeous!....but not completely stock. Because of that, you may want to consider black wheel wells. The Ceylon color may be "shouting" from the wheel wells a little too much. Having them disappear with black might be best for the overall look. Also, keeping the Ceylon wells clean would either be an impossible task or tempt you not to drive the car too much.
Dick,

my coupe will never be a concours car, starting with ceylon wasn't a 2800cs color. the interior is a scheel mann 400 fronts and CSL rears, the wood is etimoe, not european walnut. it already has a 5 speed, CN lowering springs, it will have 15" oz alpina wheels (until i replace them with BBS RS). i have a '74 steering column ... and then you get to the euro b34 with megasquirt and all of the changed peripherals - starter, alternator, a/c compressor, fan, condensor ... and the list goes longer. its a car i plan to drive (a lot).

i will look at the wheel wells. i have been thinking of coilovers, so i can lower it a little more. i had thought about lizard skin on the fronts - and then cover it with the lokari covers ... just to protect the inner fenders as well as to reduce more noise. we shall see.

Patton

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Next time you are out this way, give a shout.

I’ m good for lending a third hand or holding your beer…

Looks great, Robert.

PS, great to see this build page!