Scheel 400 seat part needed

aw21

Reaction score
Hoping someone could advise on how I can source this piece. I beleive my seats are the 400 model but I’m missing an inner plastic piece.

I realize these seats have been discontinued for some time.

Any leads in finding this part?

thank you!
Andy

7F339A78-F544-4501-8195-6A3ED62CAB3B.jpeg
C2CEB4D8-C9DB-47A4-AD60-F07DC19061EA.jpeg

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
They actually aren’t discontinued. Scheel-Mann sells them new for $1,500 each. You might want to reach out to see if the part changed, and if you can order. The new outer hinge cover looks smaller than your inner.

EDB318DE-AD71-4FAA-AA25-B2F4F08B589E.jpeg

Toby Pond

P. 503-290-9917
[email protected]
www.scheel-mann.com

Wladek

Reaction score
Early covers & the whole mechanism of Scheel's are different from modern Scheel-Mann, so they will not work.
I saw that covers once for sale couple years back (not cheap); It probably will be a lot easier to find/buy bad condition seat with them, than finding them separate - been there, done that.
Or you can make 3d printing

Last edited:

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Yay technology!

Andy,

We’re 3D printing one of the same covers next week and then will sand, prep and finish it. If we’re satisfied with the results I’ll let you know and we can make you one.

PM me or Don knows how to reach me.

David

aw21

Reaction score
Andy,

We’re 3D printing one of the same covers next week and then will sand, prep and finish it. If we’re satisfied with the results I’ll let you know and we can make you one.

PM me or Don knows how to reach me.

David

Awesome, thank you David!!

mmccusername

Reaction score

Please let me know how it turns out. I might be interested in multiple copies.

NWDBayArea

Reaction score
Hello Andy!

The printer has been hard at work!

I have had to cut the model into two pieces so that it can fit on the print bed. Attached is a photo of the first half.

The final model will have a thin coat of bondo which will be sanded down and painted so I am not too worried about seeing any print lines. I am hoping that the first iteration is perfect, but unfortunately it rarely is...

More to come when I have updates on the part!

Nick

Attachments

• IMG_2377 2.jpeg
    IMG_2377 2.jpeg
    319.5 KB · Views: 121

NWDBayArea

Reaction score
On the left is the 3D Print versus the original on the right. I am still trying to get the right level of gloss, but I am happy with where it is going. The image is capturing it in the best possible light haha.

If I were to make it again, the big change I would make to the 3d model will be the top. The original has a little larger radius than I calculated.

Nick

IMG_2435.jpeg

IMG_2443.jpeg
IMG_2443.jpeg

aw21

Reaction score
Very nice!

please let me know if I can buy one from you?!

On the left is the 3D Print versus the original on the right. I am still trying to get the right level of gloss, but I am happy with where it is going. The image is capturing it in the best possible light haha.

If I were to make it again, the big change I would make to the 3d model will be the top. The original has a little larger radius than I calculated.

Nick

View attachment 113251

View attachment 113252View attachment 113252

NWDBayArea

Reaction score
Very nice!

please let me know if I can buy one from you?!

Thanks Andy!

Im going to make a couple changes to the model and then I will produce a couple to sell. No guarantees on timing (and no clue on cost) as I haven't had a lot of free time on my hands to make the part.

I will PM you once I have made the changes and have some printing.

Nick

JohnP_02

Reaction score
I would like to have a few of these 3D printed and would be happy to make as many as needed. If anyone has a nice one to lend for scanning I would appreciate it. I purchased a set of Scheels that all are broken. There is fellow BMW enthusiast (and jet pilot) in Texas that has been making the Recaro knobs and agreed to make these if I could get one to him. Please let me know! Thanks

JohnP_02

Reaction score
Nevermind. Seats arrived and I have one good one to scan. Guess nobody is interested anyways. Cheers

JohnP_02

Reaction score
Do you have a good picture of what you are making...I might be in for a pair if they match what I have..

The same as above, Dave. Here is a picture of my one 'good' plastic cover that I will use for scanning. (its from a Scheel 200 series, but would guess that they are all the same?)

0.jpg