Scheel Seats

cdavie2002

Reaction score
Any thoughts on the attached?

Im looking to replace the original velour seats and insert scheel seats.

Attachments

• thumbnail.png
    thumbnail.png
    688.9 KB · Views: 851

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
these look very nice. are they actual scheels or copies. some copies like those from Gerrit Blankman are excellent ... probably as good as originals or better.

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Scott, I believe those seats above are from GTS Classic seats. Similar to Scheels but not quite the real deal.
A decent replacement and definately more 'sporty' than the stock E9 seats.
The ones from Gerrit are real Scheels, reupholstered. Scheels are simply brilliant seats, no body roll/ movement when cornering.

'69 2800cs

Reaction score
I corresponded with Gerrit about a year ago....at the time he was no longer making seats but was still selling brackets and materials for Scheels.

If I may ask, please share what his current offerings are for the benefit of all.

FWIW, I had some GTS Sebring seats for my 911 and they were very nice. My only concern was the pattern on the bottom was 15" between rails when Scheels and Recaro are 16". This meant I could not use original Scheel sliders and brackets on the GTS seats.

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I have always loved those, but I'm not 29 anymore (or 39, or 49...) My only thoughts are ingress/egress..If you are older, like me, you might also look at the Scheel 400. More of an aggressive Recaro look...a little more pedestrian, less track car. They will also fold forward to access the back seat, and recline to your preference. But that's what makes horse races...

Gransin

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have always loved those, but I'm not 29 anymore (or 39, or 49...) My only thoughts are ingress/egress..If you are older, like me, you might also look at the Scheel 400. More of an aggressive Recaro look...a little more pedestrian, less track car. They will also fold forward to access the back seat, and recline to your preference. But that's what makes horse races...

+1
Just like OP I was thinking of buying a pair of bucket Scheel replicas and reupholster them in Scheel fabric, but decided to reupholster a pair of genuine Scheel 400 series instead, and I'm currently 29! (does my seat decision make me older than I am?) :p
Gerrit still had Scheel fabric (reproduction) for sale a couple of months ago and he also offered reupholstered "model 10" headrests for Scheel seats, which I bought and they look very nice!

IMG_9214.jpg

NilsH

Site Donor
Reaction score
FYI, Scheel-mann makes copies of the old Scheel 400, now called Retro 400.
I don't know how good or true to the original they are. Maybe worth a shot.
http://scheel-mann.com/seats/retro-400

If you go for the old Scheel 100/101 bucket seats you also need the tilt consoles to access the rear seats. I think Gerrit sells them as well.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
FYI, Scheel-mann makes copies of the old Scheel 400, now called Retro 400.
I don't know how good or true to the original they are. Maybe worth a shot.
http://scheel-mann.com/seats/retro-400

If you go for the old Scheel 100/101 bucket seats you also need the tilt consoles to access the rear seats. I think Gerrit sells them as well.

Gah!!! Why do you show us these things!!!

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
There must be a secret Scheel network, because I never see them for sale. I'd like some Scheels redone in Blue. Been considering the GTS seats. I'm out of storage space at the moment,

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Yes those 401's look nice. Wouldn't go with my interior, but on a 2002 would be Great. I'll keep a eye here for Scheels, Thanks.

Gransin

Site Donor
Reaction score
There must be a secret Scheel network, because I never see them for sale. I'd like some Scheels redone in Blue. Been considering the GTS seats. I'm out of storage space at the moment,

Not only are they rarely for sale, when you finally find a pair they are often not matching (small differences between them) I've seen several "pairs" like this for sale, but I don't know why this is so common for scheel seats.

Sometimes they pop up on ebay.de, but I've never seen any of the more desired early 70's 400 series seats (sidebolsters thinner at the top, see pictures below) for sale in recent years, Gerrit helped me find a pair and I'm very thankful for that.

(These are not my seats, but same model)

IMG_1299.JPG

IMG_8948.JPG

cdavie2002

Reaction score
Can anyone who has these style of seats post a few pics showing the options for seatbelts please.

Thanks,
Chris