Scheel seats

classicman

Reaction score
I need some help with identifying some Scheel Seats please.

I have attached two photos of seats. The first one is a seat than came with my early csl. It is a glassfibre seat covered in cloth. At first I didn't think it was a genuine Scheel seat or the one that came with my car. I have been doing a little homework on Scheel and have come across this one. The attached photo comes off eBay in Germany where a guy is selling this Scheel seat. Is this a Scheel seat from the early CSL's?

The second phot is of a set of seats that I have that come from an e12 BMW 530 mle. This was a lightweight car built for homologation purposes for saloon car racing in SA. It was sanctioned by BMW AG and the project was handled by the Schnitzer brothers in 1975/6. What other cars were these Scheel seats used in?

Any help you can offer will be appreciated.

Scheel csl.jpg

Scheel Seats.jpg

kwyjibo

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hello Classicman,

As far as I've seen, the vented Scheels in photo1 look like they came out of an early Porsche. In other words, I've never seen those as stock in a CSL - hopefully, someone else will comment on that.

Photo2 look to be the 400 series. These were available aftermarket and, thus, could be found in many models. Is your question: in which models were they available as factory options? or do you want to know which to pay attention to so that you can source another?

61porsche

Reaction score
Scheel

Response to last question, second picture: also Porsche, 914/6, option. The seats are rare.

classicman

Reaction score
Thanks guys.

The vented Scheel seats do seem to have come from the csl. Is there anyone else on the forum who has and early carburettored model csl?

I am thiinking of putting the Scheel 400 seats into my 2002 tii Alpina A4 clone. I have a set of early BMW/Porsche Recaros in pristine condition that I was going to use, but my research has shown that the 2002 Alpina's look to have the Scheel 400's in. So I may have a pair of Recaro's up for sale.

E911

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Early Scheel seats...

Send me a pm if your looking for info on the original seats- mine are original to the car with original fabric in place so I might be able to help with your research...

Regards

Akfjord

Reaction score
recaro seats?

Thanks guys.

The vented Scheel seats do seem to have come from the csl. Is there anyone else on the forum who has and early carburettored model csl?

I am thiinking of putting the Scheel 400 seats into my 2002 tii Alpina A4 clone. I have a set of early BMW/Porsche Recaros in pristine condition that I was going to use, but my research has shown that the 2002 Alpina's look to have the Scheel 400's in. So I may have a pair of Recaro's up for sale.

Hi classicman, I'm looking for some recaros to complete my 1974 2002. I would be interested in your recaro's if you decide to sell them. Please email me off-board, I'd love to see some pics. Thanks Alex

blinklabATyahooDOTcom