scottsdale csi.jpg

scottsdale csi.jpg

scottsdale csi front.jpg

scottsdale csi interior.jpg

scottsdale csi engine.jpg

JayWltrs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
What would cause the roof discoloration? Thought maybe it was just AZ sun fading but don't see similar on trunk or hood. Trunk lip bent up or just needs to be aligned?

AZ cars are interesting. 10-15 years ago, I spent some time at Davis Monthan AFB in Tucson on the dumbest arbitration ever, but witness showed me a jet graveyard while we were commiserating. Some looked like they just needed to be brushed off and put back in service. Guy told me how long they'd been there, and I was shocked.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Ya, that's the only troubling thing on the car is that rear trunk lid. Would def need more pics to make out what the heck is going on there.

Otherwise, for a CSi, it's pretty nice for what little pics there are of it.

tightbox

Reaction score
Any idea why they would switch this over to carbs? One of my CSI's also received the same treatment, and I've been debating switching it back over.

This one might be a great deal if it really is dry!

dp

Site Donor
Reaction score
Second car in a week with those "extremely rare supplemental hood seals" fitted along the top of the fenders! The two-tone finish of the tarpad insulation is also...very interesting

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Second car in a week with those "extremely rare supplemental hood seals" fitted along the top of the fenders! The two-tone finish of the tarpad insulation is also...very interesting

Yes when I first saw that I was going to comment on the CSI comments from @HB Chris. Factory replacement fenders include the CSI airbox bracket. Given the oddities on the inner fenders I was wondering if they were replaced. That is *before I noticed the CSI badge on the rear.

If the car happens to be numbers matching, I would think it was a decent deal worth examining. A CSI without the original CSI motor (or replacement) seems kind of like the point has been lost. A CSL with a motor swap still has a special CSL body, but a CSI without the CSI motor is basically a CS. No offense to anyone - hope my opinion makes some sense...

FWIW - A good way of spotting a CSI without looking at the VIN is to look for the wiring hole at the front of the passenger frame rail. Just below the ignition coil. CSI/CSL's have the hole for the D-Jet wiring, CS's do not.

DWMBMW

Site Donor
Reaction score
But even if the “I” is removed from the engine, you know it came originally with euro bumpers and the wiring hole in the frame is a weight saving bonus!

uter

Site Donor
Reaction score
Looks like purchased locally by a member of our Roadrunner chapter of the BMWCCA.
Adam, you here, bro'?