Searching to buy a car...

slicegill

Reaction score
Hi,
I have been bitten by the E9 bug and am looking to buy any year of the 2000C, 2000CS, 2800CS, 3.0Cs or 3.0CS. The dealbreaker is that it must be an automatic. I'm looking for a car that doesn't have rust issues (or minimal rust issues) that is currently driveable. My budget is up to $15,000. I live in Southern California. I'd prefer it to be located in this area simply so I can get to it quickly to check it out, but I'm still open to what's available around the country. Please feel free to email me if you, or someone else you know, is selling one. Thanks.

Gernstetter

Reaction score
Hi,
I have been bitten by the E9 bug and am looking to buy any year of the 2000C, 2000CS, 2800CS, 3.0Cs or 3.0CS. The dealbreaker is that it must be an automatic. I'm looking for a car that doesn't have rust issues (or minimal rust issues) that is currently driveable. My budget is up to $15,000. I live in Southern California. I'd prefer it to be located in this area simply so I can get to it quickly to check it out, but I'm still open to what's available around the country. Please feel free to email me if you, or someone else you know, is selling one. Thanks.

Your budget number is not realistic for a presentable car that has "minimal or no rust"......expect to pay double your budget if you don't want to restore a car....if you pay 15K, you will pay much more and not have a car to drive for some time while you sort it out....agreed, the car mentioned looks pretty good north of you....

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Your budget number is not realistic for a presentable car that has "minimal or no rust"......expect to pay double your budget if you don't want to restore a car....if you pay 15K, you will pay much more and not have a car to drive for some time while you sort it out....agreed, the car mentioned looks pretty good north of you....

Seems to me you could get a nice 2000 CS for that if you can find one . I doubt too many are automatics. A perfect Bavaria for $10k might make more sense

E911

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
check CL Hawaii

Pretty sure there's an auto CS on CL in Hawaii for less than 10K... looking for an Automatic really makes you search easier these days. The one in Seattle looks like about as good as you're going to find unless you just can't live with silver. Sunroof, AC and all the hard work ($) done.

Sven

Site Donor $
Reaction score
you could bid on this
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-Other-Le...US_Cars_Trucks

but get some one to look at it.

Stan - I looked at this one last weekend. It is a project car. 50'+ paint job, rust in the top of the fenders and rockers, All floor plugs missing. Definitely not a parts car. The guy should have taken the winning bid in the last round of bidding. It would have been a great deal for him. It went up to around $11,400, but the reserve was not met.