Seat Belt Buckle Reversed

rubing

Reaction score
Can somebody please help me with the most annoying problem in the universe. My seat belt buckle is facing backwards; the thing is on the wrong way and reversed. The slot in the buckle where the belt passes through is way too thin to cross over the belt and unreverse it. And I there is no place I can pull the buckle through and off in order to reverse. I am hoping there is some easy fix that I am overlooking?? Thanks for any help!

bluedevils

Reaction score
Fold the webbing in front of the tongue in half and slide it over the folded webbing, then twist the webbing in opposite direction. It is kind of hard to explain in words but I have done it many times, should work for Autoflug or Repa male tongues, not sure about aftermarket products.

If the slot is too thin then the only other option is to remove, cut and restitch the webbing.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
If it is the female end of the seat belt, there is one bolt holding the stalk to the floor. Unbolt, flip the stalk 180 degrees re-bolt...

This was the situation in my coupe. The fix was the easiest thing I have ever done on the coupe. Filling the fuel tank takes longer :)

rubing

Reaction score
solved

After much cajoling I finally managed to fix this in a manner similar to how you suggested Blue. What helped is that I tried doing it near the end of the belt where the belt material seems slightly thinner. Before I was trying much the same, but in the middle of the belt and it just wasn't working. The belt buckle is a repa. Glad to have this problem fixed!