Seat belt light ?

Krzysztof

Site Donor
Reaction score
There was special relay which I learned lately studying W&N catalog. :D

I was surprised by the number of contact it has.

bossrobot

Site Donor
Reaction score
Me too?
I am wondering about it. Bianka is a U.S. car for sure, if that makes a difference.

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
My 72 MY E3 doesn't have a seat belt light. July 71 build. I don't think BMW was as precise with changes tying to model year as US makers were....especially prior to the 74 MY. There seem to be lots of "rolling" changes. It's probably safe to say that early 72s didn't have the light and late 72s did.

bossrobot

Site Donor
Reaction score
My upholstery guy says that most people remove the light and he can pull it back out and do it, correct a small wrinkle as well. will cost a bit though. I am debating on whether to remove it or not. I guess correctness is one consideration.
Would this be considered late production in 72?
The BMW 3.0 CS Automatic US VIN 2250207 was manufactured on June 19th, 1972 and delivered on June 27th, 1972 to the BMW importer Hoffman Motors Corp. in New York City. The original colour was Black, paint code 086.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Mine with the light is June 9th. There will be 3 holes in your dash, one of them quite large, plus the rectangular imprint.

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
My upholstery guy says that most people remove the light and he can pull it back out and do it, correct a small wrinkle as well.
I agree with Steve. I don't think this is a small task. I can't imagine doing it with the dash in the car and then filling and patching the holes to match the rest of the dash.

What does the upholsterer mean by "most people remove the light"? Is he talking about E9s? Has he seen yours? Has anybody here done it?

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I did this with my 2002 seat belt light hole:

1976_bmw_2002_1632180454a0fc2db1d8220210920_162542-scaled.jpg

Very hard to find gauges that small though.

These are it:

Krzysztof

Site Donor
Reaction score
Nice. ... The name of the manufacturer or distributor: "Accurate Instruments" is great!

Why there is no car company called ... "Beautiful Car" or "Durable Truck"? :) Life would be easier.