Seen at the BMW Heritage Museum

Patton

Site Donor $
Reaction score
6B7F5A8C-F024-4AA2-8BDC-B4BCA689C655.jpeg

A photograph from the final day of the show.

RP

BMW Pete

Site Donor
Reaction score
@BMW Pete's Levi race car was there but it was removed a week earlier i believe.
Hi Scott,

My Levi CSL (affectionately known as the Cow car) was as you say at the M Power exhibition with the Polaris Bat above, also there was my Petronas Z4M. The Cow Car was picked up last week and this weekend BMW had it on display center stage with my Golf Yellow early Carb CSL, at the Arizona Concours this weekend- see below.

The Golf CSL I am now enjoying using as my transport in Arizona until I leave on Thursday :)

@Bmachine no worries on that, BMW for so long thought they owned the Sebring winner, the one we all know as 25, they also used to have Redman/Stuck on the door. They have changed the names, but not the number, so it does cause a lot of confusion. When I have restored my car back to Group 4 as it won Sebring, then it will either become more confusing or BMW may be kind enough to end the confusion.

Pete

1674520584883.jpeg

1674520047119.jpeg

1674520706465.jpeg

BMW Pete

Site Donor
Reaction score
@rsporsche - @Bmachine and @Christoph

You are all more than kind, I know am extremly lucky to be the caretaker of these cars, as I believe we all are here, be it one car or 20 cars. The passion is exactly the same and for me thats whats important, the cars are merely what brings us to the people......none of us can take these with us and therefore sharing the passion with like minded folk is what its all about, or as I like to say (and apologies if I have said here before) but what is the good in owning them and drooling over them alone in a dark warehouse?

Mal CSL 3.0

Site Donor
Reaction score
@rsporsche - @Bmachine and @Christoph

You are all more than kind, I know am extremly lucky to be the caretaker of these cars, as I believe we all are here, be it one car or 20 cars. The passion is exactly the same and for me thats whats important, the cars are merely what brings us to the people......none of us can take these with us and therefore sharing the passion with like minded folk is what its all about, or as I like to say (and apologies if I have said here before) but what is the good in owning them and drooling over them alone in a dark warehouse?
Hi Pete,

I recently listened to your interview on BMW Group's 'Classic Heart' podcast series. It was very inspiring. It's great to have you as a marque ambassador - you have done so much to raise the profile and collectability of classic BMWs.

(And maybe not everyone is aware; but BMW Classic Group just launched their podcast series in 2H 2022. Worth checking out and great to see BMW putting this effort in for their classic division).

podcast.jpeg

Reaction score
On the question about the number 25, it was very common for race teams to swap numbers, even chassis numbers. I do not know in particular for Peter's car, but in general it is hard to track down race cars because unlike production cars, swapping of a lot of things including license plates, engine, power train etc was regular.