Finally good news

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
In early January we sold an panel and hood release from our 75CSi Barn Find.
The Buyer was David Castelhano. Remember that name.
Total with shipping $135.

I shipped the parts when the check arrived. It BOUNCED. Now we are at $143 including bank charges.

The following are direct quotes from David's emails over the next five months.

1/19 I am travelling will try to get something off. Lost my job.

2/3 I sold stuff on ebay, check by weeks end.

2/27 I will get something off to you this weekend.

3/28 Found temporary work in Iowa. A money order off to you tomorrow.

4/15 In Tampa, will get something off to you ASAP. Not trying to jerk you around.
Not paid for Iowa work.

5/4 MY email to Castelhano is returned "unkown or illegal alias."

During these five months I have always given him the option of returning the parts.
Never happened. I have owned coupes, Bavarias and a 1600 over 38 years. I have bought and sold parts during most of that time.
This is the FIRST time I have dealt with a liar and a thief. Months ago my partner in the Barn Find urged me to go public. I resisted. His emails sounded so sincere when the reality is he is a petty crook.
So now nothing goes out until the check clears. Nothing.

Seller Beware

Steve ONeill

Bertocchi

Reaction score
I have purposely waited to respond to this posting. As luck would have I did loose my job after I purchased my car and have gone through some unprecedented bad times.
I will pay Oneills back everything he is owed!
My mac account was not renewed owing to strained finances and I sent Oneills a change of email notice instantly and have responded to every note he has sent.
It is my hope that nobody has to go through what I have been through recently (not the venue to expand).

verde2002

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have purposely waited to respond to this posting. As luck would have I did loose my job after I purchased my car and have gone through some unprecedented bad times.
I will pay Oneills back everything he is owed!
My mac account was not renewed owing to strained finances and I sent Oneills a change of email notice instantly and have responded to every note he has sent.
It is my hope that nobody has to go through what I have been through recently (not the venue to expand).

I must say the seller was extremely patient chasing you for 5 months. I do understand the hardship you face with a job loss but that still does not make it ok to pay someone with a check knowing you have no money in the account. As soon as the check bounced you should have returned his item knowing you can't pay for it rather than dragging the poor guy along for months.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thanks Verde2002. And it's not over yet.
Three Months after the buyer posted above that we would be paid -he still has not Paid.

I sent him another email two weeks ago and of course no response.

I would be delighted to post that we have been paid.

Steve

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
It is almost four months since Bertocchi responded above. I have sent him another email and gotten NO response. If his finainces are so tenuous why not spend $15. and mail back our parts.
I wonder what he will say now? if anything.
Steve

Bertocchi

Reaction score
Even before you most recent post I mailed to you a pair of professionally rebuilt front brake calipers for an E9 car. They were supposed to go on my car but I was anxious to put this matter behind me.
Hopefully they can be sold for much more than the value of the window regulator? :cry: I will not go into what has happened this summer and will respectfully resign from this board.

David

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Well David C. has finally made good on his bounced check almost year ago. Thank you David, finally.
If you look at my post below, "Buyer Beware Oneills" you can read a history of the last 10 months dealing with David.

Last week I recieved parts, rebuilt front calipers for a CSi, that more than make up for the bounced check, shipping and bank charges. But when you factor in the time dealing with this we are even.

I am happy to report this resolution but frustrated it took so long.

David appears on the e9 forum as Bertocchi.

Steve O'Neill