SFBay: 1970 2800 CS - $60K

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Looks like the phone number in the ad ties to this shop. Not a very flattering Yelp
review. :(

https://www.yelp.com/biz/county-line-classic-restorations-calimesa

Two years ago this gentleman at County Line Classic Restorations (CLCR) contracted to restore my friend's 1971 BMW 2800 csa.
He started to pay according to the contract, and half way through the progress payments, he found out that CLCR was using the funds for other reasons and work was not progressing on the vehicle.
So far my friend has paid CLCR $22,000 out of the $25,000 original contract.
They signed a follow-on contract to the original contract to finish his vehicle on time.
CLCR did not fulfill their contractual obligations to finish the car.
In the mean time CLCR tried to sell the vehicle without my friend's consent on eBay.
He had no other choice but hire an attorney and spend additional money to stop this action by CLCR. When his lawyer contacted CLCR, they immediately removed the ad, saying it was a mistake as they sell other vehicles on eBay as well.
He also had to sue CLCR for not fulfilling the contract on time and won a fraud judgement against them.
My message to you it to be careful with your contract and careful with what you are doing with CLCR.
Apparently my friend is not the first victim and more may follow. Make sure you are covered doing business here.

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
hmmmm. Anyone looking to see this car locally has a 7 hour drive ahead of them. 500 miles away from North Bay San Francisco to Calimesa

E911

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Another great investment, says the seller... but they never hold for the big return?

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i wish them good luck with the sale. i would like to see a slushbox sell for 60k. i do have a question, if you recovered the seats, why wouldn't you put a knob (new or old) on the seat tilt release. and why would you show a pic without front grilles in place?

cartoonz

Reaction score
"The hoods notoriously fit badly so we welded steel wire around the front and sides to give it a closer fit - another example of the level of detail we put into this e9"

'cause that's so much better than actually fixing the problem, right?

Lipstick? ...meet pig.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
"The hoods notoriously fit badly so we welded steel wire around the front and sides to give it a closer fit - another example of the level of detail we put into this e9"

'cause that's so much better than actually fixing the problem, right?

Lipstick? ...meet pig.

Actually, that's a common tweak body folks do to get perfect gaps. I doubt early '70s cars had gaps like today's cars due to them being hand-built.