Thanks, as always...Don

carcrazy

Site Donor
Reaction score
I want to give Don a big thank you for finding and selling me a 5sp with added extra bits at no extra charge. Additonally there is 200 miles seperating us and Don went out of his way to meet me. It was nice meeting you Don and Thanks again!

Yano

Reaction score
Many thanks to Don for all the help with my cooling system. A plethora of knowledge and a real gentleman. Thanks again.

Ski coach

Deceased
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Please let me jump on that shout out to Don Lawrence. A better ambassador or nicer guy in our group does not exist. Whether you know it or not, if you own an E9, you've benefitted from his experience and willingness to share information.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
An asset for sure

Yeah, he's one of the guys that makes this place great.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Yes, indeed. Thanks Don. You make a huge contribution to this place.

HusseinBM

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
This is Hussein from Oman and some of you might know that Don was in Oman to work on my car that I am restoring and upgrading to give it a new wonderful life...
To be honest, I don't think that my words can reflect my true appreciation to Don but I will try. My car was in real mess and I believe I couldn't have pick any better person to work on car. His professionalism and positive attitude even after seeing all the mess the previous guys did to my car. His knowledge and eye for details not only focusing on mechanical issues but also the aesthetic look of the car and how the real vintage E9 CSi should look like... I was really impresses to say the least... I can go on and on talking about him until you get bored...
Don, please accept this letter as an appreciation from me and would appreciate your support in finishing my project...
Kind Regards, Hussein

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Kind words from a true fan of the e9 coupe who is going to great lengths to drive the car of his dreams.

TedS

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I didn't think I'd meet the one and only sfdon so soon into my Bavaria ownership but he offered a 4 spd at a great price so I jumped at the chance. By 'meet' I mean in person. There was a minor issue with the first transmission he sent me (that I could've fixed) but Don insisted on bringing a replacement to my house on his way through So Cal. I can't recommend him enough.
While here he of course had a look at my project and pointed out 15 other issues I should fix on my engine/transmission swap-- thank you, Don! I'm not sure how he could see inside my installed thermostat housing to know I had the wrong thermostat but after I removed the cover it was confirmed.
An E9 Coupe might not be in my future but I can approach the experience in my Bavaria thanks to this forum and people like sfdon.

bill

Site Donor
Reaction score
SFDon really helped me out with a D-Jet problem I am having by lending me an ECU! What a resource he is (too bad I'm in NJ and not SF.) My nearby friend recently sold his CSi so I don't have anybody to borrow parts from like this. SFDon is an immense help!

bmw2800cs

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Yet another thank you from a grateful customer. Thanks Don! Repairs made my driving experience in my e9 an order of magnitude better!

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Its really everyone in the shop now.. a great welding shop and interior guys and the restoration team.
Body and paint, machine shops. I'm the HR and bookkeeper now.

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
Its really everyone in the shop now.. a great welding shop and interior guys and the restoration team.
Body and paint, machine shops. I'm the HR and bookkeeper now.
Don, it was the same for Mario L--a hobby/passion turned into a full time job, which is pretty cool. Do what you love, and you will never work a day in your life.