Sharkfest

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
was a mess.

Not a single e9 was to be found. Scared off by the prediction of torrential rain, hail and whatnot. Where is that can-do spirit?

Yeah there were a bunch of shiny old e24s, with a few e31s thrown in, but then the let in all these misfits. This wacky looking e34 with Alpina B10 Bi turbo decals on the back, an e28 Alpina, a 2001 740i with a 6 speed conversion, an e34 M5, an e30 325is, the Euro 745i,a current generation M5 and there were four e39s (including mine). I mean really, where is the purity?

Road Atlanta was ok, but we only got to do 2 parade laps and I don't think the driver in that new BMW out front knew what he was doing because he was holding us up big time. Not only that, all those old race cars were really noisy and made it difficult to hold a conversation in the infield. And then we had to share the infield with all those Peachtree BMW guys, who seemed to be everywhere.

The venue looked outdated, like an old hunting lodge or something and it was in the middle of nowhere (out in the middle of a lake or something). Then we had to put up with the movie crew popping up to shoot their movie at all odd hours. At dinner, the bartender kept giving me ales when I wanted a lager (I drank them anyway just to be polite). The rafffle was rip off; all I won was a t-shirt and an e24 calendar. At least last year I got a steering wheel. And then while we were trying to have our dinner there was some party next door with all these noisy college chicks running around all dressed up with no shoes on. What's up with that?

And everywhere you turned, people wanted to talk about cars. I'm having my mechanic inspect that 2002 for sale outside of Chicago; Where did you find a Getrag 265/5?; know where I can find a nice e9; I too really like the e39s and on and on and on.

I don't think anyone here would like it.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Right, try again without the sarcasm:

Elsa lining up to get onto Road Atlanta (she badly wanted me to let her run):

The coolest car of the weekend by a mile:

And lots of other eye candy: