SLC BMW/Porsche Driver's Ed event June 22-23 Miller Raceway

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
So excited! I used to do these track events all the time in Chicago (Road America, Gingerman, Blackhawk, etc.), but haven'd done this in forever. I hope to take my Coupe, if done from mini-restoration, but not drive it very hard, otherwise I will take my Porsche Cayenne Turbo S. Any other members going?

High Performance Driver Education & Time Trials
Utah Motorsports Campus - June 22-23

Ui8RTqszOjeiGN7Nqml3kBdq3FVK6jSpITTdMMlpiiBJm2rkn68B-ctgdHPGOEDBLKUOIwOYVyQMLBBEvRU7pVv9OCuH9XCGt5U-0qJM-LGKQQzLD2ruizP-KkDwWQ7eD_ijAkoaUS5xp4vcjryCttKPtSYYFfxznMnNhys=s0-d-e1-ft

Exciting news CCA Members!

The Intermountain Region Porsche Club of America (IRPCA) would like to invite BMW CCA members to join them at an upcoming High-Performance Driver Education event!

High-Performance Driver Education (HPDE) is an exciting program designed to help you improve your driving skills in a controlled environment while driving on the race track at speed! It’s a great way to learn how well your car, and you, can really perform. Beginners are assigned an experienced instructor to safely guide you on this exciting journey. The Utah Motorsports Campus (UMC) is a wonderful facility with lots of amenities like plenty of room for spectators, paved parking and real bathrooms.

Dates: 6/22-23
Cost: $295 – One Day
$550 – Two Days
Time-Trials are available for an additional $25/day (Intermediate+ Drivers only)

HPDE Info: www.irpca.org/track-events

Each day will consist of at least 4 driving sessions of roughly 20-25 minutes each. Any driver who is new to HPDE will receive an instructor and any driver who requests an instructor will be assigned one! The IRPCA has been holding track events since the track originally opened and has one of the best driver development programs, with nationally-certified instructors, classroom sessions, and a program that allows drivers to progress to their skill and comfort level.

There are a few requirements to participate:

Cars must have factory roll-over protection or have a roll bar if they are convertible

Each car must pass a tech inspection prior to the event – any professional auto shop can perform this inspection, but if you need recommendations, click here.

Find the tech inspection form here.

Each driver must bring a Snell M2010/SA2010 or newer helmet. DOT and other helmets are not allowed

Utah Motorsports Campus rents helmets – please contact them through their site prior to the event: www.umcampus.com

Makes & Models, located in Lehi, Utah, is a Roux Helmets dealer:www.makesmodels.com

Please look through the registration details fully: www.msreg.com/irpca622

Please contact Greg Troester, the IRPCA DE Chair with any questions:
801-633-1928

Your Wasatch Board

D5mfBD6RwzDqb0xQMGv3geqlI1tB73Otqsc6QSzBHqYElMfQDynwBzXEupSmaJC37MIpv5qAC0zdaU-6QhUjf3EBv4A3hxynOspzKZiPuvgCJiRvZmLnafozUvupAP0KX1MuoxIXbsKfSmQuIuSgc-CpWJV62UppSrVYGXc=s0-d-e1-ft

In March, 2002, the BMW Car Club of America, an organization of over 70,000 members, formed the non-profit, tax-exempt charitable BMW CCA Foundation, Inc. It is dedicated to the promotion of safety and the preservation of history (especially BMW history).

You can support the Foundation through your Amazon purchases at no additional cost to yourself by clicking the link on the Foundation website below:
http://bmwccafoundation.org.s22790.gridserver.com/support-the-foundation/amazon-smile/

steve in reno

Reaction score
Scottvest
Not sure if you read this in the "exciting news"

"There are a few requirements to participate:

Cars must have factory roll-over protection or have a roll bar if they are convertible"

I would say our cars"do not" have factory roll over protection.
There are strict helmet, non DOT, requirements.

Not to rain on your race.

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
Scottvest

Cars must have factory roll-over protection or have a roll bar if they are convertible"

You only need to have a rollover protection only if you are running a convertible.

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
Scottvest

Just applies to convertibles. I have tracked many cars previously.

No Convertibles without roll-over protection. Porsche Boxsters and 996, 997, & 991 Cabriolets have Factory roll-over protection. Earlier cars must add a Roll Bar or Roll Cage.