SOLD##1974 3.0CS Project car: Michigan, USA

Thomas76

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I'd like to offer one of my Coupe's for sale here before going open to the yucky public sites. Because I have no idea what an honest price is for this car I'd like to try hearing offers from members if anyone is interested, I also welcome your feedback for value here on this post.

1974 3.0CS US spec #4310045 Manufactured Feb 6, 1974
-Shown in original Fjord metallic-paint code 037 (paint is very rough but mostly original?)
-Non original Engine VIN-3132516 (from a 1972 Bavaria 3.0S I believe)
-Zenith carbs
-4 speed manual
-A/C car
-No sunroof option
-Clear Michigan title in my name

You'll see from pics this car is in need of a lot of metal work. The previous owner pulled the driver rocker panel and cut away some sheet metal at some point to expose her unmentionables. I'm hoping to represent this car as honestly as I can by taking pics of the known problem areas I've learned about but if I missed any let me know and I'll take more. I don't believe the rust is anything but superficial but again, this forum carries a lot of knowledge so I appreciate feedback. I believe the out of place red hood and trunk may have come from my 2800 at some point, maybe swapped during paintwork before my ownership.

History:
I've owned the car for nearly two years from the result of a combo purchase with another project car (2800CS), they both came from Colorado. I had intentions of restoring both cars but I'm burnt out from the first and don't want to see this car sit still anymore. The disassembled when purchased 2800CS was my first attempt at restoration so it was wonderful to reference this 74 along the way to learn how they go together. I did not use the 74 as a parts car over the years because I expected to restore it, when I needed something for the 2800 I would typically source it from this forum. As shown in the video I did a little work to get the car running and moving under its own power thinking it might help someone when hiring a transporter. To get it running I replaced the points, put some fresh oil in it and added the peanut butter jar of fuel under the hood. To get it moving I replaced the clutch slave cylinder, and rebuilt the clutch master. To be clear I did not put miles on the car for a full shake down, but the transmission shifts into reverse and 1rst with no issues in the driveway and the parking brake is working. The tires hold air but are pretty rotten and would not recommend driving far. I'm hoping this car is well within the realms of being saved and put back on the road, not parted out.

Known missing parts:
-Shifter housing and radio
-Headlight covers (under hood)
-
-Front Turn signal assemblies
-Driver side B-post pretty cover
-One picture of the trunk has all the loose pieces that will be included in sale

Album Pics and videos

Last edited:

Thomas76

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Update: hood hinges arrived today! Will bolt them in to secure the hood better.

Also, just noticed I forgot to list the missing front bumper.. you can see the bumper shocks are mounted and included in pics.