--SOLD-- WTB Blaupunkt "BMW" knobs

mmccusername

Reaction score
Getting my refurbished Frankfurt back soon and I'm looking for the correct knobs with silver centers, like in this picture.
Thanks, Michael

Attachments

• 936d1e3ca9c11038d818fdaf482e8c45.jpg
    936d1e3ca9c11038d818fdaf482e8c45.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 72

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score

posix

Reaction score
I should look into printing these knobs if there’s not a huge supply of them

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I should look into printing these knobs if there’s not a huge supply of them
Interesting thought. They (the originals) have a tactile feel that the printing media may struggle to replicate. But if you succeeded, I think this is a good item!

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have a spare set. Perhaps check with @autokunst paid at Vintageblau and reduce accordingly. Pics available upon request.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Okay, I found the info. That said, it is not what I remembered. PM me if interested in "the rest of the story".

mmccusername

Reaction score
I have a spare set. Perhaps check with @autokunst paid at Vintageblau and reduce accordingly.

Thanks Markos. I'll PM you.
Vintageblau is actually who just repaired my Frankfurt. He quoted me $165 for the knobs-- which almost makes the cost to fix my radio seem reasonable.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thanks Markos. I'll PM you.
Vintageblau is actually who just repaired my Frankfurt. He quoted me $165 for the knobs-- which almost makes the cost to fix my radio seem reasonable.
Wow. Wow. Wow. I'll share that I discovered I was wrong. I bought the silver levers that sit behind the knobs from Vintageblau - not the knobs. The levers were MUCH less than what they charged you for the knobs. I actually paid much less than that for a pair of knobs from Enoz (lists driving lights on this site often). They were far from perfect, but also about a third of what Vintageblau charged you. Okay, that was full disclosure.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
PM response for transparency on pricing...

They aren't exactly rare, but they aren't easy to buy without purchasing a $300 radio. What if we cut it in half and say $80 shipped? That's $72 plus and $8 flat rate. I'll snap some pics this weekend.

Reaction score
I needed a pair, and got them from Vintageblau. I found that these knobs are hard to come by, and cost more than any two knobs should cost. But as you know, we have to have them. ;)

They never responded to my emails.