"Solid Wheels"

jefftepper

Reaction score
I was scrolling through some listings on line and came cross one for BHCC that included the "solid wheels" descriptor. Curious about what it could mean, I searched further and find that the descriptor is used somewhat frequently in their narratives. Checking here, I see that the phrase came up in threads here last year but its meaning remains a mystery.
Is it "Solid" as compared to "Liquid"?
Is it "Porous" as compared to "Solid"?
Is it "Gaseous" as opposed to "Solid"?
Is it a synonym for "not corroded"?
Or is it random words meant to fill in ad copy without bringing any value to the narrative?

Care to speculate?
o_O

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Care to speculate?
o_O

The story, all names, characters, and incidents portrayed in the paragraph below are fictitious:

My friend Jake and I saw this pretty solid movie called Spider Man into the Spider Verse. Although it had old-school animation the soundtrack was super solid and the story was great. After the show we had a meal at Denny's. Jake said it was his birthday and ate for free. I had to shell out $10.59 for the Grand Slam Breakfast was f'ing solid. I've been eating like a king ever since I scored a solid gig detailing cars at the Pink Elephant Car Wash. It's not my favorite job ever, but I would give it a solid 3 out of 5. I'm saving up to buy an E9 and I found one on BHCC website. It's rusty as hell but the wheels are solid and the tires hold air. What more could I ask for?

Aussiecsi

Reaction score
The story, all names, characters, and incidents portrayed in the paragraph below are fictitious:

My friend Jake and I saw this pretty solid movie called Spider Man into the Spider Verse. Although it had old-school animation the soundtrack was super solid and the story was great. After the show we had a meal at Denny's. Jake said it was his birthday and ate for free. I had to shell out $10.59 for the Grand Slam Breakfast was f'ing solid. I've been eating like a king ever since I scored a solid gig detailing cars at the Pink Elephant Car Wash. It's not my favorite job ever, but I would give it a solid 3 out of 5. I'm saving up to buy an E9 and I found one on BHCC website. It's rusty as hell but the wheels are solid and the tires hold air. What more could I ask for?

...this ???
upload_2019-3-20_14-47-10.jpeg

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Indeed Steve, Link was a "solid" guy! I'm still shaking my head wondering how they got away with calling the black guy "Link"... as Archie Bunker would say- "Those were the days"