Some E3 love from R&T

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Sunbeam Tiger is not overlooked! Nice ones are easily $65k!

Bavarias are awesome; you never see them on the road!

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Bavarias are awesome; you never see them on the road!

I was thinking about this the other day, the phenomenon of older cars that don't have enough perceived value to keep on the road so they get "let go". In the case of the E3 I think some of that is the fact that parts are kind of expensive and a lot of parts are no longer available or very hard to get, which translates into being expensive. The "low" value of the car isn't worth the expense to most people. Once a car gets old enough it can become "cool" again and find a following that increases it's interest/value, it just depends on how many have survived the "low" value part of their life.

Mike Goble

Reaction score
If you are going to be a purist you may find that an E3 can be a little hard to find parts for. If you are all about driving and don't care much for originality there is a learning curve to climb. I keep mine on the road by upgrading to more modern parts whenever I can.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
If you are going to be a purist you may find that an E3 can be a little hard to find parts for. If you are all about driving and don't care much for originality there is a learning curve to climb. I keep mine on the road by upgrading to more modern parts whenever I can.

Do tell...

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The biggest thing I learned after being an avid BMW fan and owner of BMW's pretty much continuously over the years since I was 16 years old is; modify to taste, but keep all of your original parts. It's really that simple. Keep a lookout all the time for hard to find original bits, whether NOS, good shape, great shape, fixable, buy them if the price is right, store (hoard) until the day comes that you need it. That way, if you ever sell it, you add a lot of value to the car if you have a numbers matching motor, original 4-spd. if converted to 5, correct date matched steelies, bus steering wheel, whatever. Even the little pieces, you never know when you may need to reference something or need a part for them like the clock or other gauges, or help a fellow member out on here like a lot of you do with parts they may need. Grab them when you can so they can be re-used to save these wonderful cars. Get rid of the real junk in your garage and save space for what is important, NOS replacement parts for your ride!!!!! :p Get rid of the couch and TV in there, put in a workbench and storage racks and park your BMW back in the garage where it belongs! Carry on.......