Some pictures of the Dear Old Bucket

Malc

Reaction score
Being computer illiterate I have finally worked out how to do this picture up load stuff, so attached are some pictures for your amusement

The first picture is the state of the LHS a-pillar when first found At this point I was almost thinking of scrapping the car, until a friend stated "What a bucket", hence the name :)

000_0430.gif

About 3/4 way through fixing it... Note new centre sill and front floor

000_0626.gif

RHS - yes somebody had pop rivetted not only patches but strengthening for the turret top - :shock:

000_0696.gif

The horror show of the RHS.... :roll:

000_0697.gif

Dang et al
I can put more on for "find the rust" as I am going along, or sort them for the technical section and send them to you rather than cluttering up the board, let me know
Cheers
Malc

Quendil

Reaction score
Restoration

You are a brave brave man keep up the good work.

Cheers
Dave

decoupe

(deceased)
Reaction score
The bucket

Malc

How long have you been doing the resurection/reconstruction work on the "dob" (dear o b...)? Where did you learn to do this?

Doug

Malc

Reaction score
Re: The bucket

Malc

How long have you been doing the resurection/reconstruction work on the "dob" (dear o b...)? Where did you learn to do this?

Doug

Started October 2004 and been on and off ever since, working for a living, other cars to look after etc etc etc keep taking up time :roll:

Learn't by trial and error fixing cars over the years, no formal training, though my dad showed me the basics of car servicing when I was 13 - 14 years old

Cheers
Malc

vashon2002

Reaction score
Was just going to post

if anyone had any good pic's of wheel well repair and then I stumble across this - good pic's! - getting prepared to do similar but hopefully not as extreme on my 2800cs.