Some sound insulation.

OCCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
One of the best things I did to my e9 was a spray in acoustic insulation. This along with the insulation and padding from the upholstery made for a quiet cabin. Tight rubber seals didn’t hurt either.

This is the first of 3 coats, only two for the ceiling.

AB8A549E-F6DE-4190-A9AF-1222BA871C73.jpeg
7046BECC-AE8C-43A4-BFA9-DADB9D4D2BEA.jpeg
14FC3D53-6A5A-4F2F-84FB-0E4208E640BF.jpeg

OCCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
What about the smell inside in long term & what are characteristics/tolerance on high & low temperatures?

No smell. I sprayed this in my e9 and never experienced any issues with smell. It is very stable and heat/cold tolerant. It applies like undercoating and doesn’t require an adhesive so it doesn’t fail in heat and come apart. They state an operating range of 32-175 degrees and it is an interior application. A few layers makes a huge difference. The tinny sound goes away and the drone from the exhaust and road noise are greatly reduced. Also makes the car sound more solid when you close the doors.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I haven't found it on their website yet, but did I read this right? Only good to 32 degrees?

I was told some time ago that the cascade product is NLA. There are lots of rubber coatings available on the market. Durabak and Rhino Liner come to mind. You could always have LineX professionally sprayed as well.

OCCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score

OCCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
I was told some time ago that the cascade product is NLA. There are lots of rubber coatings available on the market. Durabak and Rhino Liner come to mind. You could always have LineX professionally sprayed as well.

I spoke with them today and the product is still available.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I spoke with them today and the product is still available.
i looked on ebay a month or two ago and found some but i couldn't find it thru their website ... so this is good to know. my car has a dynamat type product on it ... wouldn't mind pulling it off and spraying some stuff that worked better and didn't weigh so much

Wladek

Reaction score
The truth lies somewhere in the middle;)
That spray is probably a great product (now, i'm also started considering of partial using it in my car), but i also think it's not sufficient.
I think that thanks to that spray you can limit the use of butyl mats (Dynamat, Stp etc.) ca. by half, maybe even little bit more, but that does not mean that in my opinion you can cancel them entirely.
Combination of these two types of products i think might give the ultimate results in sound deadening improvement & in addition optimize the weight.

p.s. If we talk about Dynamat in doors - i have them (Xtreme series) now for about 8 years in my previous car (now it's my wife car) & nothing changed since they where mounted.