source for glass and seals?

duct-tape

Site Donor
Reaction score
all of the rubber on my car needs to be replaced, and the windshield is a little foggy around the bottom (delaminated)
I have found some sources online for a new windshield, prices are $170-250 plus $150 for shipping. plus the seals are $150 EACH.
I can't see myself paying $1000 for this
does anyone know of a better way? Last time I needed a windshield it was $120 installed.

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
well, perhaps you are just driving along one day in your new acquisition, enjoying the scenery. Then all of a sudden..some rock flies outta nowhere, lands squarely in the middle of your just cleaned up windshield. Big crack. Yikes! Hope no one is injured for sure. But then, this will surely become an insurance claim. Correct?

duct-tape

Site Donor
Reaction score
But then, this will surely become an insurance claim. Correct?
yes, I suppose it would, but i need to take the windshield out to clean up the metal. And, most likely if i filed a claim, they'd write it off since any insurance garage that does glass, won't do mine since the parts are NLA from BMW.

I will say, after posting this yesterday, I went back to my favorite place for finding things, car-part.com
I was able to find 6 windshields raging in price from $50-125 and 5 back windows too!

new seals are expensive, but knowing that I can get the glass still makes it a bit of a relief