Southeast Sharkfest 2015 - April 23rd-26th

xing6666

Reaction score
I am thrilled to announce that registration is OPEN for Southeast Sharkfest 2015. Will be based out of the Legacy Lodge & Conference Center on the shores of beautiful Lake Lanier in Buford, GA. For anyone planning on attending the Mitty at Road Atlanta or who lives in the Atlanta area, this is a no-brainer!

Visit www.bmwsharkfest.org for all the info! Looking forward to good e9 presence... especially since I now own one. Actually one and a half. Actually four if you put all the parts together. Anyway.... as we did last year, we will have a judged e9 class and, if I do say so myself, our trophies are worth having. Some of the folks on this forum were present last year, so hopefully they can attest to their good treatment. Amy? Scott? Bueller? Anyone? :)

Cheers,
Kai Xing
Director, Southeast Sharkfest

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
hmmm ... this is in my backyard. we will have to get the atlanta guys all out for this one. hopefully i am in the country that weekend

dbower

Reaction score
Kai: It would be helpful to see an agenda for Sharkfest, for those of us who may try to do parts of both events (Mitty and Sharkfest). Will you offer a one-day registration option? Thanks.

Don

xing6666

Reaction score
Kai: It would be helpful to see an agenda for Sharkfest, for those of us who may try to do parts of both events (Mitty and Sharkfest). Will you offer a one-day registration option? Thanks.

Don

Don,

The play-by-play agenda usually doesn't get released until several weeks before the event. That being said, the general schedule doesn't change a whole lot from year to year. Last year's agenda can be found at:

http://www.bmwsharkfest.org/#/SoutheastSharkfest2014/e8/schedule

Obviously Friday will not involve a BMW factory tour, usually we do a country drive or a visit to a winery etc etc. We're still hashing out those details. For those that want to experience Sharkfest at the Mitty, Sharkfest pretty much draws to a close on Saturday evening which would leave Sunday available for those who want to spend a day at the track.

We have considered doing one day registrations, but it makes it hard since most of our overhead comes FROM the Saturday events. Sharkfest has traditionally been a 3-day car-nut-social-gathering, not just a 4 hour show and shine.

xing6666

Reaction score
Any North East interest? Nice road trip.

Roll call; Duane, Tod, Rob, Stan, Chuck, Andrew

There are a lot of e24 caravans that roll out from different areas up north as well, so perhaps a big-coupeavan is in order. :) Maybe some e31's in the mix too, who knows... :)

dbower

Reaction score
Kai: You may know this, but BMWCCA hosted an Oktoberfest at Lake Lanier several years ago. PCA has met there too. I mention this in case you wanted to contact them to consider using some of the tour/rally routes and destinations that they have already set up.

Thanks for organizing all this. Hope I can join you for at least part of it.

Don

Bavman

Reaction score
The "Mitty" at Road Atlanta should have a pretty good showing of classic BMW race cars....BMW is the featured Marque, I plan on have some parts at the swap meet there...

Thanks

Al Taylor

xing6666

Reaction score
Kai: You may know this, but BMWCCA hosted an Oktoberfest at Lake Lanier several years ago. PCA has met there too. I mention this in case you wanted to contact them to consider using some of the tour/rally routes and destinations that they have already set up.

Don

Yep - the CCA invited us to do a "Sharktoberfest" along with Oktoberfest at Road Atlanta. Was a lot of fun. Good idea regarding contacting them or local PCA for drive information - thanks for the tip!

I certainly hope you can join as well. I'm thinking about offering an e9 ONLY Saturday-only participation option. This would include entry to the show field as well as the awards dinner on Saturday night - would probably be at around $50/per person. Would there be any interest in that from anyone here?

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Assuming the "rolling" restoration reaches an appropriate rolling phase, I am going to attend.

Kai and the gang were great last year; I even won a steering wheel (which my son appropriated for his BMW!).

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Kai, I may come up for this last minute. Are you going to have a show class for the e9?

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score

Don
Kai,

i presume that somebody has put some tour routes together for the event. the 'cca rally had some great roads, but went all the way up to the BMW plant (a long way away). if you need a good tour or two, i have some TSD road rally routes that could be slightly modified to take you from lake lanier islands across Buford Dam and go on a great drive which will also take you past Atlanta Motorsports Park. if you are in need, let me know.

scott

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I am a go for Sharkfest. Unfortunately, Annabelle is missing her transmission right now, so I will be driving my e39 (I hope to have the e39 class entirely to myself!).

If any caravans to Atlanta are forming or passing through DC on Thursday, please drop me a message.