Spark Plugs

Sean Haas

Site Donor $
Reaction score
What are people using for plugs these days? It appears the NGK BPR6ES 7333 with the removable tip are no longer being made? I've tried a couple times to buy some off Amazon or eBay but keep getting sent the 4008's which have the fixed tip that don't fit the wires.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I search for NOS BP6ES or BP5ES on ebay etc. You must confirm with the seller that they are as advertised; I’ve had to send several back because they were the resistor type.

Sean Haas

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I thought either resistor nor non-resistor was fine, although since our cars are not coil-over I understand we don't need it as the wires provide enough resistance. I just need the removable nut version.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
I just got NGK BPR6ES for my E3. I didn't realize they were resister type until right now. LOL

Sean Haas

Site Donor $
Reaction score
that's the "R" part

there's a couple threads (and online discussion) that claim it's not an issue, but if I can get non-resistor I will, I think I found a seller who confirmed they are indeed non-resister 7333s so hopefully I won't have to send these back. I believe the resistance only minimizes radio and computer interference and is not enough to impact running but since I found these I guess it's moot

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
that's the "R" part

there's a couple threads (and online discussion) that claim it's not an issue, but if I can get non-resistor I will, I think I found a seller who confirmed they are indeed non-resister 7333s so hopefully I won't have to send these back. I believe the resistance only minimizes radio and computer interference and is not enough to impact running but since I found these I guess it's moot

resistor plugs make no difference in my coupe
but i advise to
get the bpr6eix, the iridium ones
very good plugs