Speedometer codes

dp

Site Donor
Reaction score
For the life of me I cannot remember (nor find) the speedometer codes, stamped on the back of our speedo clusters, that designate the corresponding final drive (rear end) ratios they are made for. Can someone point me to a reference or relate them here? Thanks!

xoxoxo

dp

Gransin

Site Donor
Reaction score
I found some info, posted by Chris:
I am going to make an educated guess from looking at the parts books:

W=0.679 kmh on CSi and CSL is for the 3.25 differential
W=0.7125 kmh euro CS and CSA is the 3.45
W=1.078 mph euro CS and CSA is the 3.25
W=1.14 mph US/NA CS and CSA is the 3.45
W=1.2164 mph US/NA CS and CSA is the 3.64

The differential ratio is stamped on passenger side of the diff on the large flat spot behind/under the CV joint: 39/12=3.25, 38/11=3.45, 40/11=3.64
A large stamped S above the ratio indicates Limited Slip diff

The rest of that conversation:
https://e9coupe.com/forum/threads/changing-my-speedometer-from-mph-to-km-whats-wrong.23254/

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
so now - what would be good information is to know what the gear inside of the speedo is (# of teeth) - based on which W number is on the back of the speedo. so when you go to replace the gear (when the odo quits working ... but the speedo still does) you can just order it from OdometerGears.com without having to take the speedo apart in order to be able to order, and leave it open until the gear arrives. anybody know any of this info?

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
when i inquired some time last year, they wanted to know how many teeth ... i tried to give them the code #, and no such luck. maybe they have learned since then.