Spotted a 1972 for sale in LA

ndrico

Reaction score
laguna help

Hey John,
I came across your discussion as I am looking for some knowledge in regards to the 2800cs BMW. I actually live in Laguna Beach and bought my 2800cs from Mike down at Laguna BMW who has now left town. I have a feeling I got ripped a bit because the engine cracked a year after I bought it. Maybe you could steer me in the right direction as to where to get my car serviced and how to find a replacement engine.
Thanks for any help
Aaron

John H.

Site Donor
Reaction score
Reply to Aaron

Hi Aaron,

You found the right place with this board. I just moved down to Orange County myself from LA, and have a friend up in Woodland Hills who helps me work on my car. I'm not that familiar with the shops in the area, but I have noticed 2 coupes in the parking lot of a shop on Laguna Canyon Road (133) on the south side by a towing outfit.

I suggest you go on to the main discussion board of this site and introduce yourself. There are quite a few of us in a 10 mile square radius of Laguna and those guys are more knowledgeable about the shops. Also, I bet someone has a spare engine floating around, although, I would say you should go for a more modern head.

Contact me off board if you like. [email protected]

Welcome to the madness!

John H.

ndrico

Reaction score
John,
Thanks for the quick response. Yeah, my coupe is actually out at Courtesy Auto Body in the Canyon. It used to be at Barnhorn Auto, the place I think you are talking about. I will take your advice and put out a request for help in regards to the engine.
Thanks
Aaron

'71 2800 CS