Stainless Steel Exhaust

Rek

Reaction score
I am quite pleased with the results. I wanted SS but with a bigger bore so it was less restricted. I found people to make and fit for £450. This was a through a mutual friend so might have been good pricing, but still, great work for a fraction of the costs elsewhere. Guaranteed for life.

Finally - someone who did not add a few percentages to the price when they know you're restoring an E9.

They also think they can produce steel headers/manifolds but need a car there to ensure they fit and match up to the exhaust ports. I am tempted.

IMG_3439.jpg IMG_3437.jpg
IMG_3441.jpg IMG_3440.jpg

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I am quite pleased with the results. I wanted SS but with a bigger bore so it was less restricted. I found people to make and fit for £450. This was a through a mutual friend so might have been good pricing, but still, great work for a fraction of the costs elsewhere. Guaranteed for life.

Finally - someone who did not add a few percentages to the price when they know you're restoring an E9.

They also think they can produce steel headers/manifolds but need a car there to ensure they fit and match up to the exhaust ports. I am tempted.

View attachment 29836 View attachment 29837
View attachment 29834 View attachment 29835
How does it sound?
Does the guy want to make a run of them?
Group purchase anyone?
I have Stahl headers so do not need the downpipes.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
That is a great price. It looks like it's all mandrel bent tubing. I would consider participation in a group buy as well. Like Stan I have Stahl headers and don't need a downtube.

Rek

Reaction score
It sounds quite nice. It does make the car sound like a performance car. I don't know whether shipping and duty might make a group buy expensive unless people are in Europe. I am happy to ask the people. They are called Cybox and based in Bromborough in NW England.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
It sounds quite nice. It does make the car sound like a performance car. I don't know whether shipping and duty might make a group buy expensive unless people are in Europe. I am happy to ask the people. They are called Cybox and based in Bromborough in NW England.
Can you record the sound on your smartphone and attach? I like throaty but not loud.

daddywad

Reaction score
its tight but just possible, only when cold though. Headers are ceramic coated inside and out but still v.hot

inovermyhead

Reaction score
Excuse my ignorance but is there a major advantage in having equal length headers?

Cheers. John

daddywad

Reaction score
Not sure how to calculate the advantage but equal lengths equal smoother transition of the gasses into 2 collectors and then into one. no confliction of different gas velocities thus smoother gas flow. so i'm told !! mark

mulberryworks

Mr. Fixity
Site Donor
Reaction score
I've seen some comparison tests with headers vs standard manifolds and they do flow better and provide more horsepower at higher RPMs. The benefit is real but the difference is small, a few percent. A few percent here, a few percent there, and you get some noticeable improvement.

inovermyhead

Reaction score
My car has a full system from Fritz bits in the UK headers and pipe work, although I don't think they are equal length headers and I was advised to remove the large rear silencer because of the right angle entry of pipe to silencer creating a resistance, this I did and didn't notice any appreciable difference other than being much louder, not entirely sure that it's going to stay off as it possibly is attracting too much attention.

Cheers. John

Rek

Reaction score
Hi Rek, these are my headers on my RHD CSL, they are this way to keep equal lengths on each tube and to clear the RHD power steering box, connected to a 70mm stainless exhaust
Mark

View attachment 31613
It looks like a very nicely built car. Is it a track car or for the road?
Either way - very nice. We're quite close, so perhaps we can compare cars sometime.
IMG_3658.jpg