Stone Chip Areas i do know!- CSL City Pack RHD

Marc-M

Reaction score
Can anyone help me .. my car is just about to get painted and I am unsure if the front and rear Valance plus the aluminium cover sills are stone chipped – and if so, how heavy is the texture of it?

I have looked at some pictures and can’t tell – also I have seen a CSL that has had it trunk floor stone chipped as well??? – is that right?

Will be doing the whole underside as well as the fuel tank in stone chip and would like to get all areas done at the same time.

The car is a City Pack UK car – so I know it did come with a few things the LHD CSL did without.- like a lot more RUST!

We will be using a 3m product…

Any pointers would be appreciated

Thanks

eriknetherlands

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have some peeled paint "sheets" from a set of alu rocker covers. I can send one over if you want.
I can't confirm if this the condition as it left factory, but i can see that it was the first and only layer on the parts, and the alu parts have enough corrosion to be 55 years old.

They are going in the bin otherwise anyway.

daddywad

Reaction score
Hi Marc, sill covers should be stone chipped in black but a medium thickness. Inside boot should have nothing but paint, underside and fuel tank again black medium stone chip. Front and rear valances on mine came as stone chip then body colour which I believe was from new

Mark