Straight, clean '73 CS for sale in LA

leonine99

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I was considering a '73 3.0 CS that's for sale in my neighborhood, and the owner is asking $7k. This would be a really good mechanic's car, or someone who can do a lot of the work with the equipment they own. Speedo/Odo crapped out at 108, and the owner of 10 years says it's probably about 132K. Straight car, 4 speed, no rust other than a couple of spots around the cowl - no structural issues, rockers, fenders, unit boxes, all the usuall nighmare rust traps are solid, a CA blue plate special. The bad - full paint needed, Verona, and that is at least $7K these days for a 5 foot job, a small dent around the front left lens. Window switch and turn stalk needed, front suspension needs new Billys and about $1K of repairs. Engine is ok, but smokes a bit under load - ok now, but rebuild down the road. Its a decent car, but would take about $9K to make it look right and drive correctly, and that's before anything to the engine. It did shift very crisply, but was darty when driving.....someone who likes to work on coupes could pick up a straight dry CA car (no roof, but all the A/C is there, needs a charge) for a decent price. If I didn't have all that money in the '72 Polaris 2002tii, I'm finishing a resto on I'd already have bought the car. I have contact info for anyone interested, just email me, thanks.
Jeff
[email protected]