year foodies…

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Since this is a post about food, I will reply tongue in cheek. deQ, Please, Pretty Please stop posting this incredible food, the veggies from your garden, the fish, red meat, the fowl. Just stop!! Your before and after photos are too much. Especially the whole fish on the grill. Whether before or after my dinner, they make me hungry again.

Do you ship? Wouldn't that be lovely.

Steve

oh so sorry, apologies, Steve

it is 3600 Miles,....i will ask for a quotation from FedEx

1701118097490.png

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
de'Q, of course I will continue to look and salivate. droll is such an inappropriate word.

I would trust my order to a Diplomatic Courier only.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
not to take away from what deQ is doing, i have been watching Jose Andres + Family in Spain ... on CNN. for those who don't know who Jose Andres is, he is a world class chef (from Spain) who spent significant time with Ferran Adria at El Bulli in Spain - the best restaurant in the world for many years. I have eaten in 7 of Jose's restaurants in Washington DC, LA + Miami. there is something so salivating about the look / taste of Spanish food. Jose also has a charity that you might have seen on the news - One World Kitchen that goes to places of the world affected by disasters and gets food to people in need. I worked on a few project restaurants with Jose and he is the real deal ... a fun guy to eat / drink with ... but fantastic to talk to.

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
not to take away from what deQ is doing, i have been watching Jose Andres + Family in Spain ... on CNN. for those who don't know who Jose Andres is, he is a world class chef (from Spain) who spent significant time with Ferran Adria at El Bulli in Spain - the best restaurant in the world for many years. I have eaten in 7 of Jose's restaurants in Washington DC, LA + Miami. there is something so salivating about the look / taste of Spanish food. Jose also has a charity that you might have seen on the news - One World Kitchen that goes to places of the world affected by disasters and gets food to people in need. I worked on a few project restaurants with Jose and he is the real deal ... a fun guy to eat / drink with ... but fantastic to talk to.

didn’t know him
i will take a look to the menu’s
most of real Spanish food is not too sexy, I have seen that many times they export it with too much of other flavors to increase the attractivenes, and also they regularly mix it with latin American ingredients…

thank you for the info

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Jose has several restaurant types - look up Think Food Group. Jaleo is is his Spanish tapas. MiniBar is his high end (tasting menu - 12 seats or so). Oyamel is excellent Mexican ... and many more.

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
So again....

Friday dinner is always the same

omelette, ham, and rioja wine, in this case some peppers too

Bread is house made, but not me, ....

20231209_202711.jpg

20231209_204806.jpg

Sunday old cow Meat

While one is been cooked the other is getting some temperature...

20231210_135851.jpg
20231210_141101.jpg
20231210_141342.jpg

The three colors

Last edited:

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
Ok deQuincey, you win. Your food is always so beautifully prepared and looks so delicious. I just ate breakfast but your pictures are making me hungry again. I fancy myself as quite the BBQer, even my kids say they would rather have one of my steaks that one at a restaurant. But... I know you would kick my butt if we were grilling next to each other.

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
1711822532468.png

It's pea season, they have just started appearing in the local market, taste them just boiled in water with a pinch of salt

other things are missing, as lambs were born a few weeks ago there is still no excess milk to make cheese

anchovy catches have also begun, but i think they do not go well with peas

Spring is a wonderful season, say it with food!

a good plate of squid in its ink with peas and white rice is enough to lick your mustaches, if you are not a cat too...