Site Donor
Reaction score
Last edited:

Gransin

Site Donor
Reaction score
Gruppe-
Been there, done that.
New plastic base with new spring and pivot bolt, roadtested and a good product .

Usual price $325/pr shipped, on sale for $260/set for E9 board members through December 1. In stock and ready to ship.

Peter
[email protected]

While I like your products and what you do, I don't feel that announcing your first-time-ever discount on your pivot mounts at this time, and in this thread, was the right thing to do. It feels a bit desperate and for sure undermines what our member Frankie has put alot of time and effort into.

Thomas76

Site Donor $
Reaction score
While I like your products and what you do, I don't feel that announcing your first-time-ever discount on your pivot mounts at this time, and in this thread, was the right thing to do. It feels a bit desperate and for sure undermines what our member Frankie has put alot of time and effort into.

I second that, a little etiquette goes a long ways.
Thank you Frankie for pouring this much time into supporting the e9 community.

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score

coupeking

Reaction score
Guys-
Not meaning to be rude, but the base pivot you are looking to remake is but one part of a more complex thing.

The base I use is made of a sturdy plastic-like material that is not prone to crack and is a much stronger material than the aluminum or bronze castings that which will soften and deform with time. Upon disassembly you see a spring and a retainer clip that are usually rusty and weakend from use. Not off the shelf stuff you can buy at Home Depot, and not the kind of thing you can reuse. The pivot arm is new manufacture as well and nickel plated, and the fit must be snug to the base or it will also deform and break the mounts.

Again, not meaning to rain on anybody's parade, but there is a reason the little things cost so much. Nothing about them is simple or recyclable.

In the old days when these bits broke we replaced them with items from an E12 sedan, which worked Ok but did not allow the visor to rotate laterally. When those dried up, the only solution was to remake them. Lessons learned the hard way.

ps/ck

skb

Reaction score
Hi Frankie,
How do I pay you for this cost? Do you do pay pal?
SKB

Frankie123

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi SKB
You should have a private message from me at the top of you screen. Click on the small envelope next to your S icon to the right at the top of your window.

BarryMW

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi guys!
I have a 3D modeller who is interested to experiment making the pivot mount here
Is there anyone here who has the technical drawing or technical specification to share with me for a tryout!!
Regards
Lee