Sunroof seal replacement guide

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Better late than never... thank you @DavidE9 for putting this great video together.

I'm about to do this and I seem to remember that there was a way to glue these felt seals without removing the sunroof. Obviously the back piece is the tricky one but I thought I did it on my previous coupe many years ago. Is that incorrect?

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
I am curious about this too, Bo. In David's video, I notice this repair was done on a manual sliding roof. Mine is powered, so I would like to avoid taking too much of the assembly apart. Looking forward to any tips you find.;) Mike

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
If sunroof removal is inevitable, @jefflit did an excellent how to for electric version here: It's not very different for David's

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
Many years ago, I replaced both the long and short felts on my 2002 w/o removing the sliding panel. My Coupe sunroof panel was removed for the felt installation and I think that is the correct way to glue in the felt strips. The video is very informative, but he didn't say how important it is to make sure the felt is BELOW the surface of the roof and sliding panel. Then when you wash and/or wax the paint, you will not harm the felt "top" surface of the strips.