Sunvisor pivot removal

mattie4859

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how to remove the sunvisor pivot/attachment. There's one screw through the sunvisor where the pivot arm inserts, which tightens/loosens the rotation of the sunvisor around the arm, but taking that screw out doesn't seem to enable the pivot to be withdrawn (and I'm not at the stage of trying brute force just yet)...what's the technique?

mattie4859

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how to remove the sunvisor pivot/attachment. There's one screw through the sunvisor where the pivot arm inserts, which tightens/loosens the rotation of the sunvisor around the arm, but taking that screw out doesn't seem to enable the pivot to be withdrawn (and I'm not at the stage of trying brute force just yet)...what's the technique?

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The technique is to rotate and pull until you align the pivot guides so it can come out. There are two guides 180 degrees apart, so you should try rotating 180 degrees until you find it.

If you get a new pivot you may have to shorten it a bit to match the old one.

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The technique is to rotate and pull until you align the pivot guides so it can come out. There are two guides 180 degrees apart, so you should try rotating 180 degrees until you find it.

If you get a new pivot you may have to shorten it a bit to match the old one.