pavel kriz

Reaction score

Attachments

• E9.jpg
    E9.jpg
    224.5 KB · Views: 187

Rek

Reaction score
That set up is for the track. I made a mistake with solid adjustable camber top mounts. The car felt like it had wooden wheels.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I bought that setup but still hadn't got around to installing it yet

Your sky high e9 definitely needs lowering

pavel kriz

Reaction score
Guys the car is on stock suspension but the wheels are 17' BBS so the car is higher. is there any easy way to get it lower? any ideas, tricks? :)

thank you ;-)

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Guys the car is on stock suspension but the wheels are 17' BBS so the car is higher. is there any easy way to get it lower? any ideas, tricks? :)

thank you ;-)

You have more than that going on. That doesn’t look like factory specs. In general, when you increase the wheel size you decrease your sidewalk height to keep the overall diameter the same. That is why your car has rubber band tires.

JayWltrs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Easy answer is the springs are too tall/long/stout. Please show a picture of the shocks, struts, and springs and the top and bottom mounts for each.

Or the corollary: insufficient weight on the suspension. So maybe a dumb question, but are the engine, exhaust, transmission, and final drive all in the car? I ask because it looks like it might be in the restoration process and I can't see an exhaust in this picture from my phone.

JayWltrs

Site Donor $
Reaction score

As for the BR Racing set-up. You should talk to them first. They apparently can customize to your driving and give you a non-race setup, and they are adjustable. I ruled them out, but mostly because I couldn't find enough feedback from other E9 users, and I was concerned about front strut-mount integrity. Any real experience from others would be interesting.

sreams

Reaction score
Almost looks like the car was jacked up, wheels put on, and then lowered and observed. The suspension ends up "pidgeon-toed" until you roll the car a bit.