Tapatalk

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
I've decided to disable Tapatalk on the e9coupe.com forum. This is used to make forums mobile friendly but it doesn't get used by enough people to justify it anymore. Contact me if you need to.

Dan

Last edited:

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Same as Autokunst. Used it for while but it was very irritating at several levels. So I went back to Safari. Then, everytime I opened it Safari I would get a banner at the top saying "Hey why don't you use Tapatalk?" (or something like that) which was really irritating. This made me hate that thing even more. I tried many different things and it finally disappeared. Phew!

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Then, everytime I opened it Safari I would get a banner at the top saying "Hey why don't you use Tapatalk?" (or something like that) which was really irritating....

This is one of the reason I'm asking. When you come to the site and are not logged in you get a banner at the top and I'm not to keen on it. I think anyone who is using it could easily be converted given a few days without it.

buddha

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I’ve used it since 2012, as a convenient one-stop for e9, e10, e30 forums. The e28 forum dropped out about 2 yrs ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
When mobile I use the website version, Tapatalk is mostly ads when I visit any forums using it. Let it go.

Boobouna

Reaction score
I've decided to disable Tapatalk on the e9coupe.com forum. This is used to make forums mobile friendly but it doesn't get used by enough people to justify it anymore. Contact me if you need to.

Dan

That’s a shame as I never used the website (other than right now). Although I don’t have a large number of posts I always read the forum most days. Is there an issue with keeping Tapatalk open? Do you have to pay for it?

dpdapper

Site Donor
Reaction score
Yes, as there are other non-automotive) forums (fora?) that I also keep in my feed on Tapatalk. Is there a cost to keep it active?

Last edited:

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Try living without it for a few days and if you start having convulsions I'll enable it again...

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
The site works great on my iphone. I use my phone 90% of the time and 100% when I’m posting pictures. Even if I type something up I’ll switch to the phone to upload pics, since the site saves your drafts (awesome feature!).

Boobouna

Reaction score
Try living without it for a few days and if you start having convulsions I'll enable it again...
Does it cost
The site works great on my iphone. I use my phone 90% of the time and 100% when I’m posting pictures. Even if I type something up I’ll switch to the phone to upload pics, since the site saves your drafts (awesome feature!).
i agree works great. You can take photos on your phone at car shows and in the garage and upload to the forum instantly. Hope it is enabled again.

Boobouna

Reaction score
I think we are missing the point. Why disable it in the first place? Not enough people using it doesn’t seem like a reasonable enough response. If there is a cost involved then that can explain it. But other than that I don’t see the need to disadvantage the people who are using it.

Boobouna

Reaction score
It’s back, my convulsions have stopped. Thank you admin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk