TBL Video

Philip Slate

Reaction score
By popular demand...well, ok...requested by one person, I have upped a video of TBL at California Speedway. As it happens, this clip shows why I've been pissing and moaning about needing more pony power, as it opens showing us not being able to draft and pass an E30 (AN E-freekin'-30!). Anyway, enjoy riding along with us. Oh yeah, this is a large file. Somewhere around 57megs so the speed of your ISP will determine the download time. Go to www.tblracing.com click on e9coupe, find 'tbl cal spdwy 1.wmv' and click to download. If you'd like, I'll make available the video of a lovely pirouette we did going into the Cork Screw at Laguna Seca.

chicane

Reaction score
Nice. Dude, you have a comma in your link? Oh, and where did you get your steering wheel?

Philip Slate

Reaction score
Sorry about the comma in the link. It has been removed.
Bought the steering wheel from Ben at CSi (yes, it cost big $$...but then everything on this car seems to). Got another one a few years ago from ebay fairly cheaply, although it does not have the little BMW Roundel.

chicane

Reaction score
That e46 that you were dueling with it looked like a 325? Also, what other classes were you racing with I saw a bunch of 911 wide bodies and a Ferrari whiz past?

kasbatts

Site Donor
Reaction score
Very cool, makes me want to get the crash hat out again!, just love the noise!, so as a matter of interest what sort engine have you got and what sort of hp does it make.

Philip Slate

Reaction score
Chicane, the event was sanctioned by the Porsche Owner's Club and one of the fun things about racing with them is that you are on the track with everything from lightly modified four cylinder 914s up to turbos, twin turbos, current and former GT3 cup cars, Ferraris, Pontiacs, BMWs, etc. etc.
As for www.tblracing.com it's not a site yet. Just using the name as a place holder for now until I get something built.

kasbatts, TBL had a very tired Euro M6 engine. Did a chassis dyno just prior to the event and had recently installed a Split Second MAF unit. Did a back to back comparison first with the old AFM and then with the MAF. Rear wheel HP with the AFM was in the high 180s. The MAF saw about a 25 HP gain. Very poor numbers for a Euro M6 with a chip which is why, for not much more than the price of a rebuild, I purchased a '91 M5 engine that is about a week away from being installed in TBL.

chicane

Reaction score
Chicane, the event was sanctioned by the Porsche Owner's Club and one of the fun things about racing with them is that you are on the track with everything from lightly modified four cylinder 914s up to turbos, twin turbos, current and former GT3 cup cars, Ferraris, Pontiacs, BMWs, etc. etc.
As for www.tblracing.com it's not a site yet. Just using the name as a place holder for now until I get something built.

kasbatts, TBL had a very tired Euro M6 engine. Did a chassis dyno just prior to the event and had recently installed a Split Second MAF unit. Did a back to back comparison first with the old AFM and then with the MAF. Rear wheel HP with the AFM was in the high 180s. The MAF saw about a 25 HP gain. Very poor numbers for a Euro M6 with a chip which is why, for not much more than the price of a rebuild, I purchased a '91 M5 engine that is about a week away from being installed in TBL.

So what engines are you allowed to run and what class are you running?

Philip Slate

Reaction score
In the Porsche Owners Club any car that's not a Porsche runs in Exhibition Class because non Porsche cars are not eligible for championship points, trophies and stuff like that.
In HSR West (vintage racing) TBL runs in Medium Displacement Production Based Cars (or something like that) and is often grouped with the V8s.