The Amelia - March 2-5, 2023

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
Sign up is now available for the Cars and Community event on Saturday, 3/4/23, as well as all of the other events.

I have applied for the big show with an Allard J2 that raced at Sebring in 1950, but the car is not done and I have not been accepted yet. But I really hope it happens and I get there. Many moving parts.

dbower

Reaction score
Be aware: If you apply and are accepted for Legends of the Autobahn East (which is Saturday, and which I think just about everyone is accepted since the number of applicants is pretty low), your registration fee includes 2 weekend tickets. Last year I bought 2 weekend tickets before the Sunday concours or LOTA selections had been made. Then I got accepted for Sunday which included 2 tickets, and LOTA, so I wound up with 6 tickets.

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
Since I have never been to The Amelia before, I decided to fill in the 17-question application for the Concours on Sunday. This was back several weeks ago.
I also answered the 12-question application for the Saturday Cars & Community event. I received the Concours reply the next day-rejection.
Today I received the reply about Saturday--accepted. It would be nice to see a line of Coupes together at this event.
Please let me know if anyone else is going and know about accommodations.

5280JB

Reaction score
Drew: I've been to the Amelia event a couple of times. I enjoy the Saturday (Car Club Day) event as much or maybe even more than the Sunday official Concours event. Saturday has a more relaxed, casual feel to it which is really good. Of course, Sunday is great with the "best of the best" cars featured on the lawn, which rival anything you'd see at Pebble Beach. I'd encourage you to go, bring your car for display on Saturday, share it with the crowd, and on Sunday just play spectator and relax without the worry of being "Q Tip" judged ;)

Overall, I find Amelia a really enjoyable event - not too stuffy feeling, great quality and variety of cars to see, and a very nice location. Plus, it feels like the "opening" of car season for those of us in colder climates who get to take in some warmer temps in March!

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
Gooding is having their auction at Amelia. Since I'll be in the Saturday event, this Turquoise/Tan Ferrari 250SWB California would look pretty nice in the garage with The Turk.... Guess I better start withdrawing my Bitcoin from FTX....

Attachments

• Ferrari with the turquois paint and saddle tan interior..jpg
    Ferrari with the turquois paint and saddle tan interior..jpg
    272.6 KB · Views: 61
  • Turquoise Ferrari.jpg
    Turquoise Ferrari.jpg
    267 KB · Views: 51

cicada

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I am, too! I won't be there Saturday (probably), but definitely the morning of the show. I look just like the guy in my profile pic but with a tan that borders on transracial.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Yes, usually the first weekend of March. It is the first concours of the year. Not counting the Cavalino Classic which is only Ferrari.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Scott, please post some pics of the Allard, when i saw it last fall (with Andrew) at Mario's it was looking great. all the best to you and Mario.

Patton

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Drew, time for a 3.0 CS owners meeting?

I vote :YES
You are on the field on Saturday. Meet and greet at you car for all in attendance at 10:00AM?

I'm in.
See you there.

Robert Patton

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
Drew, time for a 3.0 CS owners meeting?

I vote :YES
You are on the field on Saturday. Meet and greet at you car for all in attendance at 10:00AM?

I'm in.
See you there.

Robert Patton
Robert-- Great idea. You know I'll have the only Turkis BMW there!! I guess I say that after last year's Vintage in NC. 500 BMW's and mine was the only Turkis color present.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Several years ago, I was walking home from breakfast with my wife in the older part of Naples, FL when I heard the most beautiful sound behind me. When I saw the source of the noise, I walked out into the middle of the road to take this:

20150320_095438.jpg

Please somebody take some pictures of Scott's Allard and post them here. I think they are very cool cars.