the memory of Murray lingers

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
just had an email pop-up from Murray Fowler ... figured that this deserved a look. just somebody spoofing his name with a link to something i had no desire to go look at. it was worth looking to honor the name of the guy who did so much for the coupe world. always good to keep thinking about good people

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I also miss our dear old friend. I learned alot of big and little things about our cars.
My favorite story (don't stop me if you've heard this one..) that he told me....He was a much younger man, hadn't had the Blue Max for long, and had stopped in a station for petrol. He was completely distracted by a pretty girl close by, and had somehow knocked the fueling plastic pipe completely loose, and in the process, was filling the trunk up with fuel...Smelled the disaster before he realized it, and fortunately next door was a fire department that came over and helped avert further mayhem, and helped him clean it all up. Said it was probably the most embarrassing moment of his life. The worst part was that "she" got away....

Last edited:

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Think of Murray every time I shift. Bought this shift knob from him.

IMG_2931.JPG

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Those spam emails come from an infected computer and uses the contact list to send out. Clicking the sender shows the real address of the sender and not the named contact.

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Yes, but there are no coincidences if you believe in the paranormal. Who knows.

Those spam emails come from an infected computer and uses the contact list to send out. Clicking the sender shows the real address of the sender and not the named contact.

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
My avatar is a dromedary, but dreams can be imprecise.
I have been posting less because typing with two toes is a real chore.

True. For example I had this weird dream that Arde was actually a camel in real life. Not sure where that came from but it’s probably not the case.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
It is in the Bay Area, owner is Kara Canum, she also owns a 72 3.0CS, the 503 Cab which was at Pebble a few years ago as well as a 315 I think. She brought BluMax to Legends once or twice.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Kara has quite the BMW collection. The Countess, her 503 Cabriolet & her 1936 335 Cabriolet are both at the BMW CCA Foundation Genesis Exhibit.