The " Most Not So Funny Story "

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
You may remember the Thread a couple of weeks ago about the my Son's not so funny stories. I can' believe I forgot the most not so funny story about my Son's not being so lucky.
He recently moved to Georgetown Ma in an exclusive neighborhood along with his 63 Austin Healey 30000 BJ7, his 40th Anniversary Mini Cooper, and his 1966 2000CS . He was most concerned that the elderly couple next door may not like the noise accompanied with his steady working under the hood. Turned out that the wife loved the 2000CS and everything my Son was outside working on one of the cars she would come over and visit and talk cars. Her husband would also visit, however he had dimenture and would not get into the conversations like his wife did. The 2000CS was usually stored in a heated garage except when he would be working on one of his other vehicles. One day the CS was left out because he was working on his Healey and as his luck has it he snowed early morning and accumulated a few inches of snow by afternoon. The wife next door thought it would be nice to send her husband over to clean off the snow. That he did! The unlucky part is he must have used a shovel with metal somewhere on it resulting on a completely scratched 2000CS, including windshield and most of the other glass. So much for the perfect paint job.
I guess there are other things that are more meaningful than scratches on a car.
I hope I didn't bore you with this story.
Have a great weekend.
Harry