The Vintage Asheville/Hot Springs NC 2021 Who's going? May 20-22. Postponed to Sept 16-18

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
@GolfBavaria, do it! Take the Northern of the routes on that map. Will be cooler temperature-wise.
Yeah not much longer and still drops into Nashville....it's temping, whole new car, new 3.5L motor, everything gone through...I may be in Idaho then, but even so, won't add too much time, even more Northern route that I could take, always wanted to go. I'll keep looking to see if it is a go for sure!

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
You could bring your Golf Bavaria to your Golf Club :cool:

2,312 miles = 34hrs...........Hmmmmmmmmmm From this view it practically looks like a straight shot!!! At 8 hours a day, that's 4.25 days one way. But I will get to see Nashville and finally see my Great Grandfather's old property in Hendersonville, NC. Now "Cummings Cove" (named after him).....Hmmmmmmmm. What do you think turnout will be and %percentage% of it actually happening? That's a long way for a MAYBE it'll happen!!!.....

https://www.cummingscove.com/property/about-us/

Anyone familiar with Cummings Cove? Always wanted to check it out.

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
You could bring your Golf Bavaria to your Golf Club :cool:
I've always wondered about that "Golf" color name. I understand a lot of the other colors, Tundra (green Tundra), Baikal (blue Lake Baikal), off white snow (Chamonix), etc. To me, if BMW was referring to a Golf course, I think of grass is GREEN. But I see the "Golf" color of my car and others as "Yellow." I see a green tint..... sure. Not a fly "yellow" Ferrari color by any means.

Any other ideas of the origin of that color? Please enlighten me, because although I am yellow/green color blind, "golf course grass is freaking GREEN" is not freakin YELLOW!!!!!! YEEEEELLLLLLOW!!!!!!!! HELLO!!!! What am I missing here? Crazy Germans smoking 1973 shitty green weed? LOL! Thinking it's YELLOW?

Mot27cars

Site Donor
Reaction score

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Weird, all same 070 code....one says Green ('79) all the rest Yellow (how I see it). Same Dupont code and everything. Comments all say "Golf Yellow." I agree with that, even after calling it "Green" in ('79). Not definitive at all. More questions than answers, but where did they (BMW) think that GOLF is YELLOW? All the other colors seem to have some hint to real colors in the real world, not just random names.......on my engine bay sticker, it doesn't say "Gulf", like it has here, it says "GOLF" as it should. Never seen "Gulf" on any BMW engine bay sticker!

Dohn

Reaction score
Weird, all same 070 code....one says Green ('79) all the rest Yellow (how I see it). Same Dupont code and everything. Comments all say "Golf Yellow." I agree with that, even after calling it "Green" in ('79). Not definitive at all. More questions than answers, but where did they (BMW) think that GOLF is YELLOW? All the other colors seem to have some hint to real colors in the real world, not just random names.......on my engine bay sticker, it doesn't say "Gulf", like it has here, it says "GOLF" as it should. Never seen "Gulf" on any BMW engine bay sticker!

Maybe they were playing Putt-Putt...

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I don't play golf anymore, but I think it was about this time that balls were being painted this day-glo color for visibility purposes; the same reason for the BMW, et. al., safety colors. Might not mean its the proper derivative but I was told that back then ...I was in Munich in 75, and that was the first I saw golf on an 02. Looked like polizei, or the vests that they wore. Maybe a more definitive answer from our DE friends?

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
From Scott this morning.

Guten tag Y'all,

For those still looking for a hotel, I just secured a room rate of $109 plus tax at Wingate by Wyndham, 31 Airport Rd., Fletcher, NC 28732 (828) 684-4311 . Make sure you ask for "BMW car show " when calling to book.

This is near the host hotel, Clarion (which is booked up)

Scott - festmeister

Luis A.

Site Donor
Reaction score
From Scott this morning.

Guten tag Y'all,

For those still looking for a hotel, I just secured a room rate of $109 plus tax at Wingate by Wyndham, 31 Airport Rd., Fletcher, NC 28732 (828) 684-4311 . Make sure you ask for "BMW car show " when calling to book.

This is near the host hotel, Clarion (which is booked up)

Scott - festmeister

I got a room there; thanks Gary.

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I HAVE SOME GREAT NEWS.
I asked Scott Sturdy the creator of The Vintage and a good friend if we could park together this year at the Vintage.

Here's is his response to me this morning 3/25/21

"That sounds like a great idea. If you and maybe 2-3 other folks could volunteer to organize the e9s, that would be awesome."

"We could just make e9 the featured car for 2021".

Scott Sturdy

I contacted Dohn Roush who is helping with the Foundation set up that morning and Steve Armstrong who will probably be caravanning up with me from my house in Atlanta.
So I have two helpers.

Gary Beck

HonaloochieBoogie

Reaction score
I HAVE SOME GREAT NEWS.
I asked Scott Sturdy the creator of The Vintage and a good friend if we could park together this year at the Vintage.

"That sounds like a great idea. If you and maybe 2-3 other folks could volunteer to organize the e9s, that would be awesome."

Scott Sturdy

I contacted Dohn Roush who is helping with the Foundation set up that morning and Steve Armstrong who will probably be caravanning up with me from my house in Atlanta.
So I have two helpers.

Gary Beck
This is great news. Let us know how to coordinate.

dbower

Reaction score
I HAVE SOME GREAT NEWS.

Scott Sturdy

So I have two helpers.

Gary Beck

It's most efficient (for Scott and us) to meet somewhere outside the Hot Springs gate and roll in together. And I'll volunteer to help, especially if donuts (edible and/or vehicular) are involved.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
agreed, but there are always a number who can’t make the convoy and we’ll need to have spots for them held by we volunteers

It's most efficient (for Scott and us) to meet somewhere outside the Hot Springs gate and roll in together. And I'll volunteer to help, especially if donuts (edible and/or vehicular) are involved.