Thoughts re Interior Paint for Door Panels and Seats, etc.

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
I was going to replace my door panels, and considered getting new leather for my seats, but someone suggested I use acrylic paint instead. I watched a bunch of videos from this website and it looks freaking awesome. Wondering if anyone had any experience with this product or others.

Also, where do I find the OEM color code for tan interior?

https://www.colorbondpaint.com/collections/car-interior-paint-dashboard-paint

Attachments

• IMG_9746.JPG
    IMG_9746.JPG
    170.5 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_4313.JPG
    IMG_4313.JPG
    242.9 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_1690 2.JPG
    IMG_1690 2.JPG
    200.2 KB · Views: 105

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
I've had good luck with similar products in the past. As usual, it's good prep that's most important...

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
SEM makes quality paint for interior vinyl.
That’s the brand I’d go with
If you have leather then I’d go with the 1-2 well known places for redying classic car interiors.

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Scott.

I have done this 3-4 times on Porsche seats/upholstery. I always use a 'leather dye' and found/used a procedure I found on a Ferrari web site to prepare the leather and apply the 'dye' (again, not really dye, but an acrylic paint, same as is used on essentially all automotive grade leather). My preferred dye source is ColorPlus - www.colorplus.com Chris Ohmes used their products recently to change the color of his interior to a rich cognac. He supplied a sample of the leather to Joanne at Color Plus, and she matched the color with their dye.

IF you decide to go this route, drop me a line requesting the procedure and I'll respond with a summary of how I've done it - both on street/highway cars and on track cars.

Gary

NilsH

Site Donor
Reaction score
Regarding SEM, they have a pretty ok instructional video here

SEM makes quality paint for interior vinyl.
That’s the brand I’d go with
If you have leather then I’d go with the 1-2 well known places for redying classic car interiors.