Time to step up and help a fellow Forum member's family

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
OK y'all - Chris Macha has been a lodestone of information for us (probably each and everyone of you know something new about e9's that you'd never known if it hadn't been for a post by Chris). I'm posting this thread here, as I think this is probably the Forum page read by the most members. There is information regarding this topic in both the 'Off Topic' Forum and the 'Parts' Forum, and several members have already 'stepped up'.

Briefly, Chris's daughter Heidi was living in Paradise (CA) until a week or so ago. You all know that Paradise CA was decimated by the Camp Wildfire. Heidi lost all her belongings in the inferno. There are two 'Go Fund Me' accounts set up to bring financial aid to her as she starts to try to recover her life. Here is a quote from Chris's posting on 'Off Topic':

"There is a GoFundMe account in her name. Go to GoFundMe and search Heidi Macha, then select see search results, there are two accounts that pop up on top. GoFundMe requires a minimum 5% donation on top of any contribution to her but that is all. Add a note that you are a BMW friend. Thank you!"

Let's get some suggestions on how to raise a sizable figure in either of those fund. My intent is to ask my wife to eliminate one of the Christmas presents she was planning to buy for me and we will donate those $ to the fund. Knowing her, she'll probably suggest reciprocity, meaning we'd forgo two gifts with the $ $ going to the fund. Assuming that 250 members will read this note in the next 20 days, if all make a donation, maybe Heidi can believe in Santa again. I was fortunate enough to meet Chris in person at The 2017 Vintage in Asheville NC. He's even nicer in person than he is on this forum (I know you can't believe he could possibly be nicer!).

Let's ALL bring some Thanksgiving and Christmas Cheer to Heidi.

To make it easier here is a link that takes you straight to the page for donating: https://www.gofundme.com/heidi-machajosh-wells-fire-loss

Gary

Last edited:

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thank you Gary, there is already a thread on this. I found out Gofundme takes 3% so you can click Other and reduce the number to $1 as donated fee, no need to add 5-15%!

Chris

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
In addition to donations,I think we all have saleable parts that we most likely will never need. If everyone of us listed a part for sale,mentioning that all proceeds would go to Heidi, I think it would generate quite a bit of action, and most of all MONEY to be donated for the cause. I've already sold $100 worth of tools we it a check sent to Heidi. Thanks to Don Bower. I am willing to donate another $100 part in the next day or two so please keep a watch for the listing.
Thanks
Harry

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I want to thank everyone who donated once again, it has made a big difference for Heidi and her family. However, I think the fund raising should end for Heidi, if anyone wants they can find many more families on gofundme.com who were impacted by the Camp fire in Paradise. Thanks everyone.

Chris