Turkis CSi for sale at Oldenzaal

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
Here's a youtube of the car. Their website shows over 200 photos

I prefer the tan interior,A/C, and 5 speed in my car.

Still want to know where they get all of these parts!!

Attachments

• IMG_1848.jpg
    IMG_1848.jpg
    387.3 KB · Views: 178

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
This is a new offering. I requested a price and received a reply--$115,000. Here are the pics of the car and the restoration. Finding an original Turkis #065 in this restored condition will be extremely difficult for this price.

Michael Kaye

Site Donor
Reaction score
Looks nice but I expected perfection for that money.

Telling for me that despite there being 100s of pics, but no picture directly from behind the car. From the other rearward pics ,looks like the boot (trunk?) lip isn’t quite straight. Maybe repaired or poorly fitted back?

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Sunroof Turkis CSIs are the top dawg aside from CSLs of course.

Well worth the money me thinks; even w/the black underside.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
This is a new offering. I requested a price and received a reply--$115,000. Here are the pics of the car and the restoration. Finding an original Turkis #065 in this restored condition will be extremely difficult for this price.

Thanks for clarifying. There is a minor issue with this car that also presented on Williams (I told him about it). Apparently it is an artifact of Oldenzaal work. I'm not going to go into details on said minor issue.

We can gripe about price all we want, but it still looks a heck of a lot nicer than the $150K frankenstein CS that sold on BaT a few weeks ago. Apologies to the buyer, as the current POTUS would say "It is what it is".

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
@Markos - read my mind. Compared to the car in Miami that was 156k (all in) this looks like a good buy. They'd probably take less as well...

Michael Kaye

Site Donor
Reaction score
Indeed the price is the price. All I was saying is that if it were me, I would be paying less for any obvious flaws I saw.

Saying that I paid way more for my unrestored, original 40K miles car because that was my requirement. If you want a Turkis, sunroof car, then this is probably it!

HonaloochieBoogie

Reaction score
Very clean but why black underside and wheel wells, no under door seal, cheap Alpina (sort of) look wheels?
Is the treatment of the underside a matter of preference, or is there a generally accepted standard? I noted disparaging remarks about the grey green painted undercarriage on the recent BAT sale that was finished by this company which is why I’m asking.

Last edited:

Michael Kaye

Site Donor
Reaction score
Is the treatment of the underside a matter of preference, or is there a generally accepted standard? I noted disparaging remarks about the grey green painted undercarriage on the recent BAT sale that was finished by this company which why I’m asking.

I too would be interested to hear what the accepted approach is.

The previous owner of my E9 waxoiled the whole underside of my car and in all cavities and in the wings etc etc.

So my car looks very similar to this car (although not as clean!).

I’m kind of glad he did and it’s protected it a huge amount.

2E196FAF-F50E-4DB1-B71F-3181E5EA2E03.jpeg

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
There is a minor issue with this car that also presented on Williams (I told him about it). Apparently it is an artifact of Oldenzaal work. I'm not going to go into details on said minor issue.
I'd like to learn what this "issue/artifact" is so I don't repeat it on my restoration. The Oldenzaal photos are one of the resources I use to assess what it is "supposed to look like", because they take and show a lot of photos. I know of a few things that aren't original, but any additional clarifications would be helpful to me and others that are embarking on thorough restorations.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Underside was khaki/green primer, factory grey undercoat with body color wheel wells and slight color overspray near rockers. Gas tank satin black, subframes very dark grey with hint of green, almost looks black.

leonine99

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Underside was khaki/green primer, factory grey undercoat with body color wheel wells and slight color overspray near rockers. Gas tank satin black, subframes very dark grey with hint of green, almost looks black.

I've been told I'm nearing the paint stage on my coupe. I'd love to figure out how to make the underside correct since its essentially 'better than new' , at least as far as what Karmann produced at the just before paint stage.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score

@HB Chris you know I like to make your life difficult with conflicting factory literature. :D Don’t get me wrong, I know this brochure is all kinds of crazy.

3E47F880-53B4-4A92-8A9F-8BC9C3897BCB.jpeg