UK 3.0 CS on eBay, is it anyone on here?

Simufly

Reaction score
A bit OTT to me but a series 2 car. Not sure about the steering wheel. I think I could live with the rest though.

Michael Kaye

Site Donor
Reaction score
Barely any details on the advert which just puts me right off. I guess if I really were interested I might call, but there again I like my info in writing in the first instance!

dj_efk

Reaction score
It’s up to £23k already, wonder what it’ll finish at? To me the appeal is limited by the interior and the front air dam, but if it is a rust-free, 58k miles full history car, then this should be interesting.

day66

Reaction score
Does that brake pedal look like an auto one? May be converted hence the odd position of the (near empty!) fluid reservoir. As Michael suggests, what the back story? Where’s it been for the last 40 years without turning a wheel?!

Cornishman

Site Donor
Reaction score
I agree about the brake pedal.
They appear to have made the same mistake as me on the wood in the base of the centre console. When I did mine I forgot that piece, and somehow just have not around to it. This console wood looks like it got wet.

I like the Volvo in the background, but I went in one once, ten change my search for an E9
I have a contact in Retford where it is based, so if anyone needs the help of a local person to take a look then ask. I’m surE he would help for some drinking vouchers.

Simufly

Reaction score
It looks like there is a nice car lurking there but there are, (IMO), a lot of questions that a potential purchaser needs to ask before purchase. Caveat emptor

Last edited:

ABZY

Reaction score
Is it me or has the plus 20% vat just appeared after the initial post. Buyer looking for £30k on enquiry but not sure if that's plus vat or not.....

Michael Kaye

Site Donor
Reaction score
Is it me or has the plus 20% vat just appeared after the initial post. Buyer looking for £30k on enquiry but not sure if that's plus vat or not.....

i don’t see any mention of VAT. Where did you see it? It’s an eBay auction and the car is in Ireland so maybe something to do with the UK not being in the EU anymore? Just guessing though.

Simufly

Reaction score
IIRC the RHD series 2 car only came as auto carbed, or injected manual. I think the manual carbed car was discontinued. The VIN number would help 435 injected 434 auto. Again this is from memory!

ABZY

Reaction score
i don’t see any mention of VAT. Where did you see it? It’s an eBay auction and the car is in Ireland so maybe something to do with the UK not being in the EU anymore? Just guessing though.

When I go to recently view list its definitely there....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210116-140648_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210116-140648_Chrome.jpg
    308.9 KB · Views: 102

ABZY

Reaction score
That's odd. Anyway hope the vat doesnt catch out prospective buyers if expected.

Cornishman

Site Donor
Reaction score
I don’t see vat when I view from Essex, U.K.
For those who can see vat, do you have a location saved in your eBay profile? Mine is saved as a U.K. address, could this be the issue?

On the car, I wouldn’t worry about the interior colour, it can be changed. I think the term is connolising, which I understand is actually painting. A friend did this with an ex Williams Race Team car which had bright yellow leather, he got it dulled down to a light tan, it looked fab. Then a different steering wheel and the picture is transformed for the fraction of the price of going at a car with a spray gun or welder followed by spray gun. For me it is down to the condition body shell.