UK (close to London) body shop recommendations ?

damienh

Reaction score
Hi all,

A delivery driver just reversed into the car.

Any recommendations ?

Thanks,

Damien

damienh

Reaction score
It’s just on the seam between nose and wing. It’s awkward.

Any ideas Sandhu ? I need to get a quote ASAP.

Thanks,

Damien

Attachments

• 331B1B76-A7E4-4EC5-A3F5-F30CF7D6394C.jpeg
    331B1B76-A7E4-4EC5-A3F5-F30CF7D6394C.jpeg
    26.8 KB · Views: 93
  • 6DA595ED-57A8-437D-87CC-7D7234380631.jpeg
    6DA595ED-57A8-437D-87CC-7D7234380631.jpeg
    29.3 KB · Views: 92

pat cooks

Reaction score
just on the seam! as an insurance quote that would probably be a new front wing (fender) bumper corner, rubber, rubber mount strip, two waist mouldings, headlamp grille, maybe headlamp mounting frame,
paint panels and blend colour, go for the max and then when they find some parts are NLA you can get more labour to repair the existing, assuming the wing was rust free, if it was less than perfect to start with stick out for a new wing, do not go with any bodyshop suggested by the insurance company, they work for peanuts, don't care and generally do not have the time or skill to do a proper job,

As I was retiring a customer had a small bump up the backside in an E24, I said I would manage the repair if she had the accident a few months later but at that time I just did not have the time, she too it to the insurance co. recommended repairers in Park Royal, I found time to inspect the car before she took it back, it had a nice paint match but was just bondo slapped over the rear wing damage, no rust protection inside the new rear panel, broken rear lamp refitted, boot was full of water due to poor fit of the rear panel, in the end I arranged for the car to go somewhere else and have the job completely redone,

do you still have my mobile number? Pat

Attachments

• 20170514_180840.jpg
    20170514_180840.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 93

Cornishman

Site Donor
Reaction score
Maldon Body Works in Essex. They do both modern repairs and classics.
Nice people and keen to work on E9s. Their shop is full of special cars as well as common, they have a passion for the special. Fast n Furious replicas, gull wing conversions, VW campers, Old Porches etc.
Be warned they will take ages telling you about their cars, so make sure you are not in a hurry. I actually see this as a good thing.
Ask for Kevin and mention me.

damienh

Reaction score
Thanks for the info Charles, those guys sound worth investigating.

Rek - the guy stopped and apologies, as a neighbour caught him luckily.

Cheers,

Damien

Maldon Body Works in Essex. They do both modern repairs and classics.
Nice people and keen to work on E9s. Their shop is full of special cars as well as common, they have a passion for the special. Fast n Furious replicas, gull wing conversions, VW campers, Old Porches etc.
Be warned they will take ages telling you about their cars, so make sure you are not in a hurry. I actually see this as a good thing.
Ask for Kevin and mention me.

Rek

Reaction score
...”apologised” is what I meant to type Rek !

I'm so sorry that you have to go through this. Its my worst nightmare. I am also glad that an insurance company is involved (if he was insured). As they are known for trying to reduce claims, it would be good to know your experience in this. If you're so disposed, please keep us informed.

Has anyone else had experience of Insurance companies in claims for damage?

mr bump

Reaction score
Dom at little Compton garage near Gloucester restores and repairs e9s, John castle is good friends with him. He co.es up o a Google.search