Vintage at Saratoga 2013

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
2013 marks the fourth year of Vintage at Saratoga. This year we are gathering on the lawn of the Saratoga Automobile Museum in October so that we may pair with the opening weekend of the BMW Vintage and Classic Car Club of America’s week long holiday. While the two are separate and stand alone events we will join in on a few shared activities. October also marks the closing weeks of the museum’s BMW exhibit and so attendees will also be treated to experience some of the very finest classic BMWs cars on the floor of the museum.

http://www.vintageatsaratoga.com

Maybe a bit early to plan but maybe not...
Share a room?

Last edited:

Ohio Jon

Site Donor
Reaction score
I already made hotel reservation. We'll be bring the M3 since the coupe is a long way from being ready.

Sven

Site Donor $
Reaction score
For those attending, or in the area, the BMW exhibit is well done. We stopped by there yesterday to check it out. There's the 507 next to the z8 making for a nice comparison. I loved the very ancient docent telling me that the z8 is so much better looking than the 507. There's a beautiful 2002 and a decent (but not showroom quality Atlantik Blau CS - according to my wife). For those motorcyclist enthusiasts there is a great selection and narrative of those. And, of course the M1 Warhol painted is the highlight along with a video of him painting the car (which apparently was done in less than 1/2 hour).

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hyatt Hotel

They have a suite that sleeps 4 $159 per night?
Anyone want to split a room?

I just spoke with them and they had no idea what I was talking about although the ad at the Vintage webpage states the 4 sleeper suite. so, for Sat and Sunday night, $135 Sat $115 Sunday. 2 queen size beds and a pull out couch.

Stan

Last edited:

Sven

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I may be interested. Still forming up plans for the Boston trip. What nights are you looking at? Show is on Sunday I think.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Cheap hotel rate

The event hotel Hyatt has a suite that sleeps 4.
If 3 others want to join in, it will be $40.00 / night / person
How can you beat that?

Luis A.

Site Donor
Reaction score
Looks like we have plans pretty much firmed to make it to this event but not sure which car I'll take. Is anyone driving there on the route we would take from Milwaukee to get there?

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
caravan to Saratoga?

So far, I know John, Andrew and I will be heading over from NH, Elliott and Luis from Milwaukee...

Duane was a maybe. What about Tod and Tom!? Mako?How about a couple RI guys? Pieter, CookD?? NY/NJ guys? LenS Chuck?

Anyone else committed to going? Meet up at VSR?

kwyjibo

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Stan et al.,
As usual, I can't commit until the day gets closer.
Relatedly, I met a local hidden coupe owner recently. Not clear that he wants to be "outed" (he's a VERY interesting car guy), but he was interested in meeting other coupe owners so I will see if he is wants to attend.
Mako

duane_sword

Reaction score
Mako's anonymous mystery person is not me; I am not considered interesting. I am 99% sure of not being able to participate in Vintage at Saratoga NY this year but I recommend for anyone considering- I participated with StanC, TomS and Mako in 2012.

Dirk

Reaction score
Attending with the '72 Baur Targa. Also doing the week-long driving tour with the Vintage & Classic Car Club following the show.

Attachments

• 2002Targa - Copy.jpg
    2002Targa - Copy.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 169

kwyjibo

Site Donor
Reaction score
I've added some more photos to the OFF-TOPIC thread on my recent drive around VT. Scott, the "mystery coupe owner", probably can not make it to Saratoga because of prior conflicts. I directed him here so we'll see if he joins the forum.