Vintage at Saratoga: Update

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I am one of the organizers of Vintage at Saratoga. I would like to invite all members of the E9 group to attend our event on the weekend of July 13th, 14th, and 15th.

Vintage at Saratoga is a gathering of classic BMWs for a non-judged show on the lawn of the Saratoga Automobile Museum. Activities are planned for all three days. Registration through the museum will open soon. The Roosevelt Inn and Suites is our host hotel. To make reservations call 518-584-0980 or 800-524-9147. Mention the BMW group for special rates. Summer in Saratoga is busy so it is best to make plans early.

I will post as soon as our website is updated and registration is open. If there is anything I can do to help out please let me know, and I will do my best to accommodate your needs.

Hope to see you in Saratoga,

Frank Greppo

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Frank,
Could you give us a general outline of what will happen all three days. That way we can decide how long we want to stay and which nights.

Thanks, Steve ONeill

Adkfrank

Site Donor
Reaction score
Vintage at Saratoga

The schedule looks something like this..
Friday afternoon drive around the area and into the mountains followed by a "Meet and Greet" Dinner in town.
Saturday show on the grounds of the museum. There is the possibility of a tour through an exceptional auto collection later in the day. This is not confirmed as yet.
Sunday brunch

Adkfrank

Site Donor
Reaction score
Registration is open

Vintage at Saratoga registration is now OPEN at vintageatsaratoga.com. Contact me through the site if you have any questions.
Be sure to RSVP if you plan to attend the "Meet and Greet". I hope to see you all in Saratoga this summer.

Adkfrank

Site Donor
Reaction score
Plans for the Friday night "Meet and Greet" have now been finalized. We will meet at the Village Pizza and Ristorante on route 29 just outside of town for a buffet dinner and a free wine tasting. If you plan to attend the dinner don't forget to RSVP through the Vintage at Saratoga website. There will be a caravan to the restaurant from The Roosevelt Inn and Suites, our host hotel. For discounted room reservations call 1-800-524-9147 and mention the BMW event.
See you in Saratoga,
Frank

Vbigdog

Site Donor
Reaction score
Mario

I think a trip and cashiers check to Mario is in my future...

Im going to try and make Saratoga, park next to Duane's awesome Alpina with a "before" sign in my window. :p

duane_sword

Reaction score
Andrew I am unable to register, yet I want to, can you please resend the registration link, Thankyou

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I may just go to this! Maybe we can organize a caravan? It is 4 hours from Portsmouth NH Would be nice to get about 10 coupes:
Duane, me, adawil, kwijibo, johnd, TodB, bfeng (if he has a car), Vbigdog, Ed G, JelloBMW, maybe Oneills, thehackmechanic....maybe some RI guys like CookD

We can meet up along the way

http://saratogaautomuseum.org/bmw-vintage-at-saratoga/ to register

Last edited:

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Darn I am going to be in VT the week before and would have driven over to meet you all and see all everyone's coupes - looks like a great event!

Vbigdog

Site Donor
Reaction score
Cheers. :) and I would put a sign that reads "Driven not Trailered"

One step closer to Saratoga; got the car insured/registred yesterday. Currently, it starts, runs and doesn't leak. Pulled rocker covers and was peasantly surprised - no rust. The floors however need some attention. But, its running.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
One step closer to Saratoga; got the car insured/registred yesterday. Currently, it starts, runs and doesn't leak. Pulled rocker covers and was peasantly surprised - no rust. The floors however need some attention. But, its running.

Excellent! Did you register for the Vintage? We have the makings of a caravan!

duane_sword

Reaction score
I have made my reservation for the Vintage at Saratoga, cannot wait!

There was only one room remaining at the Roosevelt Inn; the master suite for $300/night... given I don't feel a need to pamper myself (wife and daughter staying home in Boston) I will be staying at the Courtyard Marriott in Saratoga Springs.

Stan, are you spearheading the cruise for those of us coming from the East?

kwyjibo

Site Donor
Reaction score
I had yesterday afternoon off, so I decided to check out the Hemmings cruise-in at their headquarters in Bennington, VT. Not really my scene but the drive to get there is top notch. The sections that were a bit rough the last time I went through are now freshly paved. This road should be on the list for cutting across VT... just keep an eye out for the cops!

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Stan, are you spearheading the cruise for those of us coming from the East?

Well, I would like to lay out a course. Adawil (Andrew) had a good point that it might be a more pleasant trip on some of the NH back roads rather than highway the whole way. I will talk to him some more about this.

Either way, I will plot out a route and see if there are places along the way were we can join together in a bigger caravan!

duane_sword

Reaction score
Stan are you thinking of an early Friday July 13 departure? I will be driving to Saratoga on the Friday (not Thursday) and hope we can get a coupe convoy.