Volvo P1800

x_atlas0

Reaction score
Hey, guys.

Anybody have any experience with these cars? Based on what I can find, they are pretty cheap, good bodies can be found, and there is a ton of aftermarket with lots of go-fast goodies. Best of all, the parts prices are dirt cheap. I'm talking a full set of seals for the body for less than 500$. Plus, the thing looks great. Almost Aston-ish, at least the front. Thankfully, it is RWD too.

So what's the word on the P1800 coupe? (or the ES, I've heard some good things there too)

DJSimca

Reaction score
Yeah, I owned one for 25 years!

Nice cars, mechanically very reliable (along the lines of .. you can fix everything with a hammer and a screwdriver :) )
Engines run forever .. and can be tuned to decent performance. In stock version don't expect much in terms of performance!

I would go for a pre-1964 which were the ones built by Jensen in the UK. Rust like crazy but if you can find a restored one with the correct front bumpers and interior it's the most attractive of the bunch - in my opinion :D . Or alternatively the ES .. in that case I would look for one of the last ones built.

As always buy the best one you can find/afford

chicane

Reaction score
Hey, guys.

Anybody have any experience with these cars? Based on what I can find, they are pretty cheap, good bodies can be found, and there is a ton of aftermarket with lots of go-fast goodies. Best of all, the parts prices are dirt cheap. I'm talking a full set of seals for the body for less than 500$. Plus, the thing looks great. Almost Aston-ish, at least the front. Thankfully, it is RWD too.

So what's the word on the P1800 coupe? (or the ES, I've heard some good things there too)

Cool cars, but man I think they have the same rust problems as the E9 and they are getting kind of rare and pricey for solid bodies.