W&N SS Exhaust

NewSixCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
Has anyone purchased/installed their complete system? If yes, would you recommend it? Thanks.

DWMBMW

Site Donor
Reaction score
Yes and yes. I installed it about 6 months ago and have been very satisfied. The only downside for me was that their system comes with the sst pipes to attach to a standard exhaust manifold and I had headers. Since my headers were about 40 years old I switched out to the standard manifold.

Doug

Gransin

Site Donor
Reaction score
I've purchased it and it looks pretty good, better than I hoped for. But I haven't installed it yet, so I can't say how good/bad it will fit compared to an original exhaust.

MyFemurHurts

Reaction score
What's the cost on the full W&N setup? Each time I go to their site I have no clue if I've selected all of the parts I'll need.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Last time I checked (April 2013) it was $1189.37 w/ VAT + shipping

That seems reasonable for polished stainless. Looking at all of the custom "crushed" mufflers, this set would be difficult to make on your own.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Is this a performance exhaust compared to stock. Also, is it lighter? Factory exhausts are really heavy.

Gransin

Site Donor
Reaction score
Do you have a link for the whole system handy? I'm having issues building the entire exhaust correctly on their site.

Stainless?
This is the system I bought, a complete system without headers/manifold.
http://www.wallothnesch.com/edelsta...si-csl-komplett-mit-hosenrohren-18-04-00.html

You might also want to buy this:
http://www.wallothnesch.com/anbausa...-csl-wird-1x-pro-auto-benoetigt-18-04-00.html

And this:
http://www.wallothnesch.com/edelsta...er-auspuffanlage-2-5-cs-3-0-csl-18-04-00.html

And maybe some rubber pieces if those you have are worn.

DWMBMW

Site Donor
Reaction score
How does the Larini sound compared to the stock steel ?

Its hard to remember the original stock sound since I drove it for awhile with a few holes in the muffler. It might have a slightly subdued throatier sound. I think it has a perfect exhaust note, not too loud and not too quiet (and I can always use my foot to hear the triple webers sing if needed).

Gransin

Site Donor
Reaction score
It might have a slightly subdued throatier sound. I think it has a perfect exhaust note, not too loud and not too quiet (and I can always use my foot to hear the triple webers sing if needed).

I was thinking of replacing the small silencer in the middle with a straight SS pipe before installing the system on the car, but maybe it will be too loud then..?

Can you hear the SS exhaust at normal cruising speeds?

DWMBMW

Site Donor
Reaction score
You can hear it but it is not overwhelming and I have the weber intake sound to satisfy any visceral needs. If my coupe still had the original fuel injection system (which was removed when it was imported to the US back in the early 80's) I think I might be tempted to remove the silencer.

Sooner

Site Donor $
Reaction score
muffler system

Received the complete system from W&N today, one week from Germany to New Mexico!
Very impressive, can't wait to put it on.