Walloth Nesch payment method

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
There was a 2012 thread on this subject and, obviously lots have changed since then. Has anyone found a payment method they are particularly happy with?

I always use Paypal with them which is super easy. But I find that their conversion rate is usually pretty poor.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i think you will find that the money exchange of paypal sucks. i was trying to paypal Keshav and watching the exchange rate comparing it to paypal and i was amazed how bad it was. i have used visa and found it to be better than paypal.

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
7E766BAD-B578-4292-8D82-CD437B21017D.jpeg
PayPal is brutal-
Venmo is great and so is my American Express triple points card. I also use a cash back Visa card.
I won’t use PayPal on significant sized orders. Better to have a chargeback ability.
Btw- W&N has been really incredible about taking care of problems with shipping. Thank god because UPS can be brutal. Bastards are savages with big boxes. That was a box with 3 windshields.........

Attachments

• 0FF5247B-6CD2-4538-A138-0B40D01F0C6F.jpeg
    0FF5247B-6CD2-4538-A138-0B40D01F0C6F.jpeg
    355.7 KB · Views: 130

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
doesn't really seem like a good way to package windshields for international shipping. how cracked up were they?

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The forklift speared the box and then ran over it.
UPS actually asked me to pull the metal items out of the box so I wouldn’t put a claim in for them. I told them my staff doesn’t sift through broken glass for anything.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Of all the W&N packages I have received, all but one were packed incredibly well and arrived very sound (including the one sitting next to my desk now. :) The exception had sheet metal jutting out of the unpadded and torn box. As for payment, I usually use my Visa debit card. Although twice my bank blocked the transaction with their fraud protection service. The first time that happened I just had them release the funds. The second time I paid with PayPal instead and did feel that the rate was high. I assume my perception was off, but it looks like there is more to it.

E9madada

Site Donor
Reaction score
Last time I paid for an item in euro's with PayPal, there was an option to use my registered payment card in euro's rather than PayPal converting.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Of all the W&N packages I have received, all but one were packed incredibly well and arrived very sound (including the one sitting next to my desk now. :) The exception had sheet metal jutting out of the unpadded and torn box. As for payment, I usually use my Visa debit card. Although twice my bank blocked the transaction with their fraud protection service. The first time that happened I just had them release the funds. The second time I paid with PayPal instead and did feel that the rate was high. I assume my perception was off, but it looks like there is more to it.
i have bought a lot of things from W+N and i completely agree ... they have all been very well packaged / boxed ... i have had zero issues and have bought several thousand $$$ from them ... and highly recommend buying from them.

JayWltrs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
AmEx Business gives me the best rates. I read they take wires, which would give more exchange-rate certainty upfront, but the fees would only make sense with large orders.

merdad

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I have used PayPal with them, linked to my AX card. The recent purchase of grills was a total of 249.24€ and AX charged me $284.44 which turns out right on the exchange rate I see on line 1.14 !